What's new

Who got a "Goose?

Mongoose is due Tuesday, and the ATT Slant is due tomorrow. I'm hoping for some seriously rapid beard growth this week.

You have an ATT set and BBS-1 already, too, yes? I'm curious what your comparisons will look like! Hoping you'll share, after some familiarity with each, anyway.

I've only had one shave with the Mongoose. Too early to have a considered evaluation... but I can say I think you're gonna love it.

I'm having bad luck in the shave. I had my 4th one yesterday and I still can't get a close shave with it. Although I am using a Feather blade.

...but today I'll be using a 7 o'clock black then a yellow to follow. I haven't tried a 20 degree angle yet.

You have an ATT set and BBS-1 already, too, yes? I'm curious what your comparisons will look like! Hoping you'll share, after some familiarity with each, anyway.

I've only had one shave with the Mongoose. Too early to have a considered evaluation... but I can say I think you're gonna love it.

I do have an ATT R1 and M2, as well as a BBS-1, PILS, Weber, iKon(s), Feather, etc. I've been on a modern stainless rampage lately, and I will do my best to provide my experience with this new masterpiece. :001_smile

I'm having bad luck in the shave. I had my 4th one yesterday and I still can't get a close shave with it. Although I am using a Feather blade. ...but today I'll be using a 7 o'clock black then a yellow to follow. I haven't tried a 20 degree angle yet.
Good luck... I have been frustrated by attempts with slants, too, but perhaps just didn't have the patience to "get it right". I put all SE shaving away for 2 years after an early attempt, and came back to it later, wondering what my problem was!

Had my first shave with mine last night and I'll be taking it for a spin again tonight. i was a little worried because I caught myself using too much pressure a number of times since Ive only been using my aluminum stealth slant for the last two months or so. I thought I'd wake up to massive amounts of razor burn this morning but it was completely clear. For being one shave in, I really really like it. It's also my first shave with a single-edge razor so it was pretty novel for me. My wife noticed this morning in the bathroom and I got the eye roll/grumble but it wasn't too bad.

I just got my Mongoose today and will do a test shave tomorrow.

It looks so nice in person and has good weight to it.

I've also been using the V3 Stealth for 6 days so hopefully I'll try to use the same pressure. :)

My Mongoose arrived today as well. I am very impressed with the build quality to say the very least. I also,received both my ATT Slants yesterday, so I'm kind of in shaving nirvana this week.

Mine is the S1 which has the satin head and the Dr bomber handle the satin looks so good in person.

I wanted something different besides the usual chrome polished razors. Like John said the build quality on this thing is phenomenal.

I'll give more info after the shave this afternoon.

Where do I find a Mongoose B1 dealer ?
eBay don't have it and Google don't show any dealers.

The first batch (batch 1) and second batch (batch 2) are being sold directly from the maker/developer of the razor. Batch 1 has been completely shipped, batch 2 is currently being shipped. You could email them to see if there is still availability on Batch 2, if you can't find the email address PM me and I will send it to you. (I don't want to post it in an open forum).

After Batch 2 has been fulfilled Bullgoose Shaving (http://bullgooseshaving.com/) will be the distributor for the razor, so you could monitor that site for updates as well.

The first batch (batch 1) and second batch (batch 2) are being sold directly from the maker/developer of the razor. Batch 1 has been completely shipped, batch 2 is currently being shipped. You could email them to see if there is still availability on Batch 2, if you can't find the email address PM me and I will send it to you. (I don't want to post it in an open forum).

After Batch 2 has been fulfilled Bullgoose Shaving (http://bullgooseshaving.com/) will be the distributor for the razor, so you could monitor that site for updates as well.
Thanks a lot !

I'm starting to get a little antsy. I joined the list August 31st and still no invoice. Maybe its because I ordered the satin head with the two handles?
Have you written to inquire? You wouldn't be the first person they had to correct the place in line for. I have my S2 order and was a little behind you, so I'd suggest asking. They've been responsive to such issues, from what others have posted.

Have you written to inquire? You wouldn't be the first person they had to correct the place in line for. I have my S2 order and was a little behind you, so I'd suggest asking. They've been responsive to such issues, from what others have posted.

Yeah, I sent them an email and never got a response. I'm not trying to make too big of a stink, but maybe I should email them again.

I emailed them about 10 minutes ago and got a reply as follows:

Greetings from Mongoose,

Thank you for your interest in the Mongoose Razor - we appreciate the inquiry. As you may have read, we have been keeping a wait list for our Batch 2 production. Unfortunately, our production has been a little behind schedule and we are working furiously to fulfill all the orders we have for the people on that wait list. As such, all units expected to be machined this year are already spoken for, and we are not taking any new names or creating any new wait lists at this time. Our plan is to build inventory and avoid the whole wait list scheme in the future. As such, we will take your email address, and contact you when razors are again available (the wait will be several weeks and will not happen before the end of 2014). In addition, updated information regarding Mongoose Razors will be posted in our Facebook group. Thanks again for your interest and for contacting us about the Mongoose Razor.

Best Regards,
The Mongoose Team

I do find it strange in this day and age they don't have a website or a place to order from. Their Facebook is not very informative about the product at all.

Top Bottom