What's new

Bible Verses that impact YOU

I wanted to know if anyone else would be interested in sharing a verse from the Bible that sticks out to them as they read and study? Please feel free to share the verse, and how it has affected you.

This is one of my all time verses that has helped me through many trials: I hold onto this one, even thought I still struggle with the second part of verse 5.

Proverbs 3:5-6New King James Version (NKJV)

[SUP]5 [/SUP]Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
And lean not on your own understanding;
[SUP]6 [/SUP]In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall directyour paths.

I like this one, but am always at difficulty to try and live it:

25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

1 Corinthians 13 New International Version (NIV)

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhoodbehind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 13 New International Version (NIV)

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhoodbehind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

I have actually taught on this chapter filling in for my pastor. Great chapter!

I like this one, but am always at difficulty to try and live it:
25 “Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? 27 Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?

28 “So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; 29 and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?

31 “Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Matthew 6:25-34. That Scripture I come back to as well in times of trial as well. It is a great promise from God that He will take care of His children :thumbup:

Philippians 4:6-7 has become my life verse. I really wanted something more manly like 1 Corinthians 16:13, but I have struggled with pretty severe anxiety in the past and this was the verse I kept coming back to.

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Great thread topic kevdogg. Thanks for kicking it off.

Nice thread, Kev.

I am not very familiar with the Bible ( I do believe in God, and I am a baptized Roman Catholic, just never read the Bible :tongue_sm) so I will just be learning something from you guys. :thumbup1:
I have read the Revelation book now that I think about it.

Last edited:
Nice thread, Kev.

I am not very familiar with the Bible ( I do believe in God, and I am a baptized Roman Catholic, just never read the Bible :tongue_sm) so I will just be learning something from you guys. :thumbup1:
I have read the Revelation book now that I think about it.

Read Genesis and Exodus. Genesis is a remarkable book of the Bible. The rest of the Old Testament can be a bit daunting, but some parts are quite compelling.

Then you can simply read the Gospel of Mark as a start for the New Testament. It's the shortest of the Gospels, yet in no way lacking.

Philippians 4:6-7 has become my life verse. I really wanted something more manly like 1 Corinthians 16:13, but I have struggled with pretty severe anxiety in the past and this was the verse I kept coming back to.

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Great thread topic kevdogg. Thanks for kicking it off.

Here is one you might embrace Garrett:

King James Bible
Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Matt. 6:26

Read Genesis and Exodus. Genesis is a remarkable book of the Bible. The rest of the Old Testament can be a bit daunting, but some parts are quite compelling.

Then you can simply read the Gospel of Mark as a start for the New Testament. It's the shortest of the Gospels, yet in no way lacking.

This thread piqued my curiosity, I will definitely do that! Thank you for the suggestions! :thumbup1:

$Romans 12.2.png

You bros already quoted a couple of my favs and life verses so...

"Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord" - Romans 8:37-39

I'm agnostic, but I've always rather liked Matthew 7:1

Excellent verse. I would like to point out the proceeding verse is often omitted and truly clarifies the sentiment.

"For with the judgment you make you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get."

Last edited:
This is my favourite: Joshua 1 verse 9 (NIV):

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

These are great.

I like Philipians 4:13, specially when i'm lifting weights. Or if i'm having to deal with a tough time in my life.

"I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me"

Been enjoying reading all of these!

Another favorite of mine is:

Philippians 1:6New King James Version (NKJV)

[SUP]6 [/SUP]being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

"Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard."
Leviticus 19:27

This was written before the existence of B&B.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned my signature or any of the other relevant verses.

Jeremiah 48:37a / Isaiah 15:2b - ...Every head is shaved and every beard cut off...

Top Bottom