What's new

Pre-Bed Routine, creams?

Yeah, I'm not sure what you mean.

Do you mean, is there anything special that I do before I go to bed, to prepare for the next mornings shave? If so, no.

I could see someone applying a moisturizer before going to bed, but I'm not sure it would really have any effect on the shave 5-8 hours later.

I've never done it. The aftershaves, and now one aftershave balm, that I use keep my skin moisturized all day long (at least smooth).
But typically, I take a cold shower at night preceded by a glass of wine/single of cognac. The cold water helps with circulation and helps keep the pores closed at night. The nightcap is for fun.

I most often shave at night, so my after-shave routine is my last-thing-at-night routine. But if I don't shave at night, I do manage to rub in a little Geo. F. Trumper Coral Skin Food, all over my face. Twice, out of the blue, friends have commented on how good my skin looks, so I might as well continue to slap it on every night. I use the odd balm and aftershave as well, for post-shave comfort.

If I have some irritation from an earlier shave, I have used Aveeno Skin Relief Lotion before bed. I found that my skin seemed back to normal when I woke up - better than if I didn't use it. I've been getting better shaves with a little more experience, so I haven't been doing this as often lately.

A particular lady convinced me to use a light moisturizer after my night-time face washing. So as of about two weeks ago, yes. I think it's helping this old skin look a little better; however, I haven't noticed it making a difference as far as the morning shaves. In the long run, if it's good for keeping the skin supple, it will be good for the shaves, I'm sure. That's just kind of how that works. But I haven't noticed the morning shaves feeling different at this point.

Anybody have a routine they follow before bed on days they shave? Curious.

I have sporadic shave cycle. .but its basic and straight. Lather with silver tip brush using Proraso or Biotique shave cream and whatever razor I see using a Astras blade.

Top Bottom