What's new

Aftershave with Staying Power-My List

Why is it that you don't want to buy colognes? I think when you're looking for the longest lasting AS it's just a sign that you're looking to take the next step into the world of cologne. I can understand if it's a cost issue, but you may never be happy chasing an AS with a 4 to 5 hour projection.

+1 and a lot of colognes can be found that are the same scent as the soaps and *** so if you like an AS or soap like a DR Harris you can often get the same scent in a cologne.

Why is it that you don't want to buy colognes? I think when you're looking for the longest lasting AS it's just a sign that you're looking to take the next step into the world of cologne. I can understand if it's a cost issue, but you may never be happy chasing an AS with a 4 to 5 hour projection.

Thanks for the response. I have some colognes, but I'd prefer to kill two birds with one stone if possible. That, and I hate spending more money than I have to on a fragrance. :)

I just bought Pinaud Clubman today at Wally World and the scent has been with me for 2 hours and still going strong. I love that smell. Reminds me of going to the barber shop in the early 70's

Clubman has great lasting power on me, that is unless I ride my motorcycle to work... Then I can barely smell it a 1/2 hour later.

I also can say for sure that the Walmarts around me don't have any aftershave that isn't in the shaving aisle. They have colognes, but no aftershaves.

Clubman has great lasting power on me, that is unless I ride my motorcycle to work... Then I can barely smell it a 1/2 hour later.

I also can say for sure that the Walmarts around me don't have any aftershave that isn't in the shaving aisle. They have colognes, but no aftershaves.
Make sure you look real good in the cologne section. I found British Sterling and English Leather aftershave shoved behind Polo and Stetson cologne. I would have never known unless I went digging.

Oh wow I just realized we're both from Minnesota! Its funny you should say that though because I'm not a big balm guy either and almost bought the gel or balm (whatever it is) because I liked the scent but I know it probably would have greased my face up pretty good! haha. I am glad I found the splash so I could enjoy the scent and not be greasy.
I'm from 'Sota too. With our harsh winter last year, I shaved with Mitchell's Wool Fat soap and finished with Myrsol Emulsion. I found that to be a great winter combo. The Emulsion has a great subtle scent that lasts all day, is non greasy, soaks in quick and it contains lanolin like the MWF.

Harsh is an understatement.... More like brutal. Worst winter I can remember. Makes me think of that weather report out in CA that went viral up here. The temps got down into the upper 40s out there and the reporter was saying it was "arctic" and "freezing". Come back to me when you've felt -30 with a -45-50 wind chill. Punks!

Anyway, I need aftershave that's akin to paint stripper whether it's winter or (especially) during summer.

I bet I'd be a pro at lathering MWF, but I'll stick with my Williams.

Last edited:
Nice to hear from a couple of Minnesotan fellas!
Yeah I'm interested in seeing what works for me this winter as it will be my first time wets having during the winter. My Pinaud bay rum will probably get a good workout haha

I think I might be dipping into my Clubman bay rum when the weather gets a little colder. The impression I got in the heat wasn't the most friendly so I'm thinking it's more of a fall/winter scent.

I did just get some Skin Bracer and I'm loving it! It's not exactly a powerhouse, but it's definitely got some staying power, albeit in a more subtle way, and I love the menthol! It's stood up to me dripping sweat in 85+ degrees and 75-80% humidity and I can still smell a trace of the warm vanilla and a touch of spice about 7 hours later.

Top Bottom