What's new

Fall Time After Shaves

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
In Fall/Winter my skin seems to dry out pretty fast and that's why I prefer to use an Alum block followed by a good moisturizing balm. During Spring/Summer I do not have this issue and go for alcohol based splashes. For the end of 2014 and start of 2015 I want to try some new products.

[/QUOTE]Right after I put away the white pattern leather shoes and belts.[/QUOTE]

Just remember: Memorial Day to Labor Day is white tux, not black.

In Fall/Winter my skin seems to dry out pretty fast and that's why I prefer to use an Alum block followed by a good moisturizing balm. During Spring/Summer I do not have this issue and go for alcohol based splashes. For the end of 2014 and start of 2015 I want to try some new products.

I'm liking Lucky Tiger Aftershave and Face Tonic. It is alcohol-free and my face is loving it now that the weather's cooler.

Purified Water
Polysorbate 20
Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate
Glycerin
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract
Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract
Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil
Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract
Sodium Hydroxide
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate)
Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A Palmitate)
Trisodium EDTA
Phenoxyethanol
Sodium Benzoate
Fragrance (Citrus Essential Oils)

It has a nice orange scent that is designed to disappear in a few minutes, leaving plenty of scope for your cologne.

I just placed an order on Amazon for some Florida Water, which I've heard many glowing words on, as well as an order for some Pinaud Special Reserve. Hearing of the scent that it carries, I thought it would be a good candidate for an autumn and winter aftershave. Do you guys think that these two are good classics for this time of year, or is Florida Water more of a summer splash?

Last edited:
I just placed an order on Amazon for some Florida Water, which I've heard many glowing words on, as well as an order for some Pinaud Special Reserve. Hearing of the scent that it carries, I thought it would be a good candidate for an autumn and winter aftershave. Do you guys think that these two are good classics for this time of year, or is the Florida Water more of a summer splash?

Fragrance wise I give the nod to The special Reserve as a fall time splash. Florida water has a nice burn and more of a summery fragrance. Both will be used by me in the Fall and Winter.

Fragrance wise I give the nod to The special Reserve as a fall time splash. Florida water has a nice burn and more of a summery fragrance. Both will be used by me in the Fall and Winter.

Thank you! I'm really excited to try them both! Do either compare in scent to Old Spice Original? And I've read that Special Reserve comes in two colors: a greenish one and the other a reddish-brown. Is one old stock, or something else instead?

Thank you! I'm really excited to try them both! Do either compare in scent to Old Spice Original? And I've read that Special Reserve comes in two colors: a greenish one and the other a reddish-brown. Is one old stock, or something else instead?

Good question. I only have seen/used the reddish brown.

I have discovered a new one that is perfect for Fall; Master Impulse. Lots of glycerin, and a manly, barber shop type of aroma. Used some today and I am VERY impressed.

Typically I prefer balms in the fall because it simply gets cold as hell here. Sadly, I've got none. Scent-wise, I'd go for something like Clubman Bay Rum.

After a few days of testing out Pinaud Special Reserve, I am sad to say that it will not be part of my rotation. I'll keep it, but doubt that I will use it. It just smells like pine, dialed up to 12.

I may have to look into Master's Bay Rum at some point, though. I am a fan of Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum, but the scent of clove is too much for my girlfriend. I hope that Master's is a bit different in that regard...

Thanks to this thread, I have placed an order for Pinaud VIBR and Tabac AS. Looking forward to adding some nice autumn scents to my collection!

HTGAM Autumn Factory. I just got some this week and it's about as Fall as Fall can get IMO. Very cinnamon-ey, pumpkin pie kind of scent.

Top Bottom