What's new

NOS Williams Soap

So I picked up some items recently one of which is an unused block of Williams soap, from what I have read it's pretty good stuff? So should I use it or keep it for cool nostalgic purposes? $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408897864.416697.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408897873.221384.jpg$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408897880.507689.jpg

Keep it.

Sure, Williams vintage is good soap, but there are plenty of modern (and easily replaceable) ones that will rival its performance.

Once you get it wet, that puck will never be NOS again.

Use it! What if you are utterly amazed by it. Wouldn't you want the opportunity to score some more? The stuff hasn't been produced in a long time, but theres still a lot of it floating around out there.

Oh man tough choice I have always been one to appreciate new old stock items. I would love to know the story behind those types of things. Did it not sell, did someone buy it and never use it, or did a store go out of business?

Oh man tough choice I have always been one to appreciate new old stock items. I would love to know the story behind those types of things. Did it not sell, did someone buy it and never use it, or did a store go out of business?

While vintage williams today is an uncommon find, keep in mind that 20 years ago this could be found in every drugstore or grocery store across America, selling millions of pucks per year. Most of them were used, but I imagine there is still a lot of the old stuff out there, waiting to be found.

Maybe you use it and it ruins you for all other soaps? Then you've got to track down vintage williams every few months. Your wife/girlfriend leaves you. You wind up on the streets, washing windshields with modern williams to afford a puck of the good stuff.

I say it's better not to know.

+1 for this. It's yours, so do what you wish with it. I would be tempted to keep it as is, but after all, it's only soap, not a gold bar.

Unless you are a serious collector and purchased it for that reason, then use it, and enjoy!!

Maybe you use it and it ruins you for all other soaps? Then you've got to track down vintage williams every few months. Your wife/girlfriend leaves you. You wind up on the streets, washing windshields with modern williams to afford a puck of the good stuff.

I say it's better not to know.
He could make his own ​and save his relationship. Heck, make her some nice bath soap and she will love him forever.

I have a very nice fountain pen that bought some years ago. One of those "No, you cannot dip this pen in ink to see how it writes before you buy it" kind of pens.

Once I finally decided I was buying it I flopped out a charge card, and after the woman at the counter ran it through I demanded to sign the receipt with my pen. It was the only time she had ever seen a customer who bought one to use rather than to "display" like a trophy. Cpacamper has the right idea. Use the soap; it begs to fulfill it's destiny. Keep the box.

Top Bottom