What's new

First Resto

So I got my ebay find in the mail today. A WB "You Lather Well I'll Shave Well". The blade is pretty tarnished and I don't know if the etching will make it through. Also looks like somebody chewed on the scales, so those won't be kept. Let me know what you guys think.
$20140823_110557.jpg$20140823_110540.jpg$20140823_110532.jpg$20140823_110511.jpg

Last edited:
If you go easy the etch should be OK. I would personally do blonde horn again and re-use the collars and wedge, but I'm sure it'll be sweet however you choose to do it. Nice!

I didn't have a plan for the scales yet, I wanted to focus on the blade first. But I hope that I can keep the etching as well.

That's very cool! Nice score. I love the etching. Do all you can to preserve that. It's very neat period advertising.

the blade looks great! I hope you can preserve that swet etching.
I'm sure with new scales, this will be a very nice shaver.

nice razor, luck on the etch. I have one with an old paddle boat and one with I am a no. 1, I lost the paddle boat so I chose to leave the no1 etch and patina to preserve it. I shave with all my razors and they will develop a patina with use so I don't worry anymore. after I lost the boat. wood or horn, both would look good on it. my personal pref would be bone though.

Top Bottom