What's new

Shavette-style Blade Question

Hello all,

This is is my first post to the forum, but I want to start with a thanks. I have considered straight razor shaving for a few months now and decided to take the plunge. I've used an electric razor for most of my life and hate it. After a few days, I am already appreciating wet shaving more. In particular, I want to thank the folks in the forum for steering me in the right direction for supplies. I was recently in Italy visiting family, and this forum helped me a lot in finding a store to purchase supplies in (I live in a very rural area of the US, and so I wasn't able to find anything here). I purchased my supplies from Profumeria Bertozzini in Rome, which was recommended here on the forum. They were very helpful and I feel I got a good range of products to start with.

I chose to to start with a disposable, or shavette-style razor because I was unwilling to drop 200 € on something I didn't know would fit in to my life. I also wanted to focus on technique before I got in to stropping and honing. I think I will upgrade if things are still going this well in 6-8 months.

On to my question. The people at the store suggested for me a Kiepe Professional Free Style Number 126. The problem is that I cannot figure out how to change the blade. There is no hinge or anything like the tutorials I have seen on the internet. The blade is clearly changeable (just by looking at it, you can tell it can change somehow), but I can't figure it out.

Does anyone one else have any experience with this product and can let me know how to change the blade? If it would help to post pictures, I can do so.

Thank you all so much for your help!

Joe

Does it look like this?
$img20131028145219.jpg

No--but!--your photo helped me think about how to change the blade differently. I realized that there was an inner holder that needed to be pulled up. In the end it looked very similar to your photo, but the blade holder part came upwards instead of straight out.

Thank you so much!

Joe

Yep! It was easy once I saw that picture and put two and two together.

It came preloaded with a blade. I probably should have asked at the store about it, but I didn't think I would be so flummoxed by it!

Joe

It was great! I realize now that I was doing a few things wrong, but after reading through some threads in this forum and watching a couple of suggested videos, I think I'm going to have a much better shave next time!

Joe

Top Bottom