What's new

New Way to Add Water to Lather

There is a lot we can still learn from the greatest generation and those older if we stop, pay attention and show respect. Great story and I appreciate you posting it.

That is an awesome story, to say the least. Hopefully I will be able to shave myself nearly till death, whenever that might be.

This is Cool!! Bernard reminds me of My Grandfather who is in his Mid 80's. Makes me think of him. However I think he stopped using DE's years ago. Next year when I visit. I will give him Him a Birth Year Razor. Even if he doesn't use it. I like the story's he has, more so now as I'm older and appreciate things like that.

Really cool. The ability to enjoy a simple pleasure like a good shave at that age is incredible. Wonder if those simple practices like shaving and tying his own necktie have contributed to his mental sharpness hanging on so long? Hope to hear more from Bernard!

Hi Jim: Thanks for sharing. Love that story. Tell Bernard that we said "hello" and definitely keep us posted. Love the spritzer idea.:thumbup:

WARHAWK

There is a lot we can still learn from the greatest generation and those older if we stop, pay attention and show respect. Great story and I appreciate you posting it.

+1. It's amazing the things we can learn when we stop and listen...

I agree with the post above that Bernard has a few thousand new fans now.

Definitely, be sure to tell him he has a great many fans who hold him in high regard. But also be sure to let him know we hold his grandson in similar high regard for visiting him and supplying his needs. His grandson should know we're proud of him too.

Amazing story about what seems like an amazing man. This story reminds me of my late grandfather who was always very clean and clean shaven. His appearance mattered a lot to him. I remember him shaving twice a day till the day he was no longer able to and was admitted in to the hospital. My grandmother and mother shaved him once a day till the day he died because they knew the importance of it to him. I remember him getting his mug out with his boar brush. He loved that boar brush. He would work that lather like a magician having it over flowing the mug. Then he had about 10 razors he didn't believe like Bernard does about just needing one lol. He would choose his razor of the day and would gently shave away. In what at the time I didn't understand was almost like he was in a meditative state and in his own little world where nothing else mattered but him and his razor. Those are great memories of a great man for me. Tell Bernard that he has a family on this thing called the internet and that if he needs anything I and I am sure others will help him out. Sounds like he has an amazing grandson though.

Cheers Bernard!

And as always thank you good sirs!

It is so incredible to hear stories like this Jim. It sounds like you have made a wonderful new Friend as have we all in a way. Knowing that someone of his wisdom and knowledge is still so incredibly astute in his later years. Hopefully many of us will reach that age with the same capacities and faculties about us.

I agree as well that Bernard now has about 30K plus new Friends:001_smile

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
What kind of brush does he use? What soap? Blades?

Bernard, if you get a chance to read this, I am only 57 but when I grow up I wanna be just like you!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Inspiring, and thanks for sharing!

His son could be in his 70s ... would be nice if he reads/comments.

AA

Top Bottom