What's new

Two razor day

So today I had a good 3 days growth. I decided to take the NEW SC out for my initial pass. I loaded way way too much TOBS in to my brush and got tons of super slick lather. The first pass was great. I then switched to my No Date Tech with a twice used feather. Beautiful second pass and buffing on the chin and jaw line.

As far as I can tell, after about 4-6 weeks my razor irritation in gone from not using my SE correctly.

And I got to use more than one razor today. 3 if you count my Fusion to get under my nose.

Treated myself to my RR King Louis.

Great shave day.

On an aside. I think I am going to load my super creamy TOBS into a big syringe I have with a tiny applicator tip. This will help me get the cream down into my Marvey on top of the Arko when I want to do that.

Hi,

I use a Slant where one side is more aggressive than the other. Mild side WTG, aggressive side ATG equals DFS. So, like using two razors. ;)

Some days I want BBS, so Slant WTG and XTG then an Old Type ATG. So, that is using two razors. :)

I like this better than using an adjustable and twirling the dial.

Stan

I switched from SEs to DEs in the early 1960s, but continued using an Injector under my nose to trim the top of my mustache, and to perform final cleanup of some really randomized whisker patches. I didn't have a mustache for a few years, and lost track of my SEs, all kinds, and was using either a Trac II or else an Atra for that when I grew it again.

I have also used electric shavers on those randomized whisker spots that alway need special attention. About 1995, +/-, I was in a time bind, and changed to my Sensor for shaves five days a week. I also was using canned software because of the need to rush. Only Sunday shaves got the classic treatment, although the Sensor is what I turned to for cleanup duty.

The flexible blades eventually collect the trouble spot whiskers -- even better than Injectors (and I have several once again). I have belatedly discovered that the Schick FX is as good, if not better, aboud those errant oddly directioned patches.

If there's a real point here, it's another case of YMMV. I've used at least two razors for much of my shave time from 1962 through now, excluding the speeded up barely-acceptable shaves at the end of my working career.

Top Bottom