What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

This one showed up a few days ago. eBay special. Posted the sellers pic before. Now I got a much clearer pic...
$20161204_150038.jpg
55 Henckel.

And, I got this in the mail yesterday. I asked Doc226 to fix it up for me. Its a little rough but I NEEDED to own a big razor and this fit the bill.
$20161204_145856.jpg
Filarmonica #14 Especial, Jose Monserrat Pou. Old School.

Hasmat Shaver, they are called "bolsters". I don't know if you can buy those since they need to be an exact fit. I like them too and have them on one other razor.

6Cuda6, I will hone it as soon as it arrives. It doesn't look like I'll have much cleaning up to do so honing will be my only "fun".:biggrin1: It's in such good shape, I'm sure honing won't be hard either.

It's a 6/8 and I don't usually see the larger sizes with the more decorative scales like that so I'm glad I could get it at a decent price. I just got a 7/8 the other day so I'm going to try to quite buying straights for a while. :)

I rather over-did it at the flea market at the weekend... AMongst them there is a nice Henckels, an ATOR. a pair of Joseph Rodgers 6/8 wedges, a 13/16 Rodgers wedge, a Bur magnetic in very nice condition an unidentified Sheffield in ivory scales and the others ones...

$Flea Market Haul.jpg

C.

Top Bottom