What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Got a couple of old straights from the flea market today. If this isnt the place to post these, let me know and I will delete my post. I would be interested to know if I have anything worthwhile and worthy of getting shave ready here...

1) Swedish Jernbolaget Eskilstuna

$Swedish Jernbolaget Eskilstuna.jpg

$Swedish Jernbolaget Eskilstuna_Mark.jpg

2) Sheffield Razor. Cant make out the brand name. Any assistance would be appreciated.

$Sheffield Razor.jpg

$Sheffield_Mark.jpg

3) Bontgen & Sabin Solingen

$Bontgen&Sabin Solingen _ Front.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Here are a couple of additional photos of the Bontgen & Sabin. The back says it is made from Sheffield Steel and Ground in Germany.

$Bontgen&Sabin Solingen _ Back.jpg

$Bontgen&Sabin Solingen _ Back Mark.jpg

$Bontgen&Sabin Solingen _ Mark.jpg

I've come across that beauty a few times over the years. It has laid dormant for awhile. Requires deep pockets. Congratulations!

~Royce

Makes me want to find something intricate to make scales out of. I know that one wasnt made that way but...
Even the wife thought it was pretty and she has no eye for razors. Thanks for shareing Dan.

I've seen those scales so many times, but never in real life, just in pictures like now. Once they were considered to be the ultimate luxury scales on Swedish razors and I guess they still are. One day I hope to find myself an affordable razor with those scales. The scales were used by all manufacturers but only on very few razors. The ones I've seen for sale have all cost +$1000. The last one I saw was a shoulderless Törnblom combined with a cork screw. It went for 22000 Swedish crowns, about $7000.
I do salute you Dan. The tortoise MK 31's was an impossible find. this razor is mythological.

I've seen those scales so many times, but never in real life, just in pictures like now. Once they were considered to be the ultimate luxury scales on Swedish razors and I guess they still are. One day I hope to find myself an affordable razor with those scales. The scales were used by all manufacturers but only on very few razors. The ones I've seen for sale have all cost +$1000. The last one I saw was a shoulderless Törnblom combined with a cork screw. It went for 22000 Swedish crowns, about $7000.
I do salute you Dan. The tortoise MK 31's was an impossible find. this razor is mythological.
Think of it as an investment instead of an expense :001_rolle

Top Bottom