What's new

Oklahoma.Pretty Gals and Pretty Tough Gals

Noodling is now a Big Game Sport.... I Love Oklahoma

proxy.php
FISHING REPORT FOR AUGUST 20, 2014

proxy.php

Tess Maune recently caught her personal best noodling record of 52 pounds. Share your photos with us on Facebook or Twitter.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Neat! Sport classification now, huh?

I've seen it done on the Little Blue river years ago, but had no desire to try it...cats have abrasive teeth and I've been "chomped" on my fingers by stingray choppers. Felt like my fingers were slammed in a door, but the pain didn't last long. :w00t:

I've really thought about spear fishing for cats in Broken Bow, but a good spear gun is something I probably wouldn't use much and the divers I've talked to say the cats are in muddy, low vis. water with some unstable hidey holes that could fall on you, like under some timber that has fallen into the lake.

What lake is that at?

I don't know where she is in the state. This was the header on the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife's weekly fishing report that came out yesterday. I am not sure how to classify this sport. It seems to be closer to hunting to me. I know it is gaining in popularity with more tournaments each year. The top prize in the Claremore "Battle of the Big Cats" tournament was $5000 this year. They are noodling on Grand Lake at the Claremore tournament.

that is a real woman right there, she dove into the water, 'rastled the 52 pound fish and took the time to redo her hair and change her shirt for the picture.
I bet she didn't even break a nail doing it either.

My dad's neighbor, and teacher at the HS I went to, got into noodling pretty heavy. He was even on that show on Nat Geo, or History...or something...that covered noodling every season. He's pulled some big stuff out of our red water over the years. I never had the desire to do it, but I'm always amazed at what they yank out.

As for the girls....you gotta love an okie girl. The good ones are classy enough to take out, but not scared of a little camping. The bad ones....well, I've met a few that scare me! haha.

Top Bottom