What's new

Canadian Check-in

I love forums for my hobbies (knives, whittling, star gazing) so was really intrigued to find an entire forum dedicated to the manly art of shaving. :001_smile

Over the years, I have tried electric razors but didn't like the result. I have tried the higher end cartridge razors and never really saw the benefit of spending the extra money so have been shaving with disposable two blade cartridges.

I think I used a safety razor briefly many years ago but probably fell for the "higher tech" glamour the companies peddled.

I have been soaking up all the info on the forum here and I would like to try DE safety razor wet shaving. The information here is truly amazing and I am very thankful for all the effort everyone puts into the forum to share and help newbies like me.

A long time ago, after a divorce and move far away from family, my birthday and Christmas (2 weeks apart) were really boring with no gifts and people to celebrate with. So I got in the habit of getting myself birthday and Christmas presents to celebrate.

More people in my life now, but I kept the tradition of gifting myself. So this year, I think my birthday present will be a nice safety razor shaving kit.

Thanks again for such a great forum.

Hello and welcome to B&B. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

Welcome aboard my Canadian brother. Beauty forum, eh? :thumbup1:
Man, I suspect you will be buying gifts for yourself on a monthly basis when the AD kicks in... not just for birthdays and Christmas. So many soaps, creams, brushes, razors,.....
Cheers!

Welcome from across the sea of Ontario. You brought up some good points that I think some of us can relate to. There is a difference between cartridge shaving and DE or straight shaving that becomes apparent pretty quickly. Whereas most consider cartridge shaving a burdensome task, DE shaving becomes like some of your other hobbies, serenity. For a period of time everything gets blocked out and the task at hand becomes not only relaxing but something that you look forward to. Gifting oneself can be done with limited or unlimited funds when applied to shaving. Finding safe choices through others who use what you use or being daring and going with something that just seems interesting all works out. Even if you hate a purchase, the ability to find it a nice home is pretty easy.

My father was a near Christmas baby, difficult to buy for to begin with, it was a nightmare to do it twice so soon.

Welcome to B&B! This is a great forum. Anything you need to know is either already here or only a question away from being answered. Have fun shaving!

I married a girl with a December birthday the week before Christmas. Three major presents every December... what was I thinking? :tongue_sm

Top Bottom