What's new

Headphones?

I've got a pair of monster iSports that I really like. They're one of he only ones that I could find that will stay in while I'm running.

I like the ones that come with an Iphone/Ipod. They aren't fancy or expensive, but they work well for me and if you lose them or they break you can find another pair online for only a few bucks.

Senheiser HD201 for me - I got them HERE...they sound awesome...but they are larger than your average Headphone - for ear-buds I'd go with Bose, they are around $100 on sale, but they have intense sound at all volume levels.

Headphones make your ears sweat, but ear-buds make your ear canals itch after while, so choose whatever your preference is.

I'm very partial to AKG headphones, but I unfortunately don't have any experience with the earbuds.

I really liked my shures until the wires fell apart.

My monsters (dre beats) were terrible.

Sennheiser. Really the best ones for buck. If you can somehow get your hands onto Prestigio PEP series that is good alternative, they cost about 10-15 $ and have very well balanced sound.

Oh, and yes, I am talking about in-ear phones.

i have sleek audio SA6s and CT7s with the KLEER wireless tech, much better quality than bluetooth
but OP wanst to use them in the gym. i highly recommend you do not use top of the line earphones at the gym over or in ear ones. just pick up a pair of cheap buds and call it a day...theres just way too much risk of ruining them.

just pick up a pair of cheap buds and call it a day...theres just way too much risk of ruining them.

+1. Also, for working out and running, I prefer headphones with a loop that goes over the ear. That way the bud doesn't have to be in all the way so sweat doesn't build up, it doesn't itch, and, if I'm outside, I can still hear traffic.

Has anyone used Bluetooth headphones?

YES!

I have these: http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phone-accessories/lg-HBS750

After spending a month or two at the gym, getting my stupid headphone cord caught on weight machines, the stationary bike, etc, I asked for a set of bluetooth headphones for the gym for my birthday.

I love them. They're perfect for the gym and I like to use them at times while at work when I really need to focus. I just put them on, put on some music and get to it.

Excellent battery life and no problems pairing them with my phone, and the sound quality is much better than I expected.

Bluetooth: Creative WP250

http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-WP250-Active-Bluetooth-Headphones-with/M/B005PQ1V20.htm

Great sound, and while they take a bit of getting used to to get them on right... once you get it, they're easy to put on, and will stay on very well, near impossible to get them off by accident.

Very light, and does not get in the way, no cables to annoy you. They are near impossible to beat.

I though I'd add... After using the WP250 for a while, I went ahead and got the wp350 which I use every day at the office instead of regular wired headphones. I'd say that I've been using them for about a year now.. and they are still awesome, last all day

For home, the wp450 were on sale and got a pair...great headphones yet again.

I have a coupled of other Bluetooth stereo headphones, and while they are passable, the Creatives are all darn close to a high end wired one. The biggest thing about using the Bluetooth ones is 1) volume control, 2) controls on the headset... (play, stop, pause, forward, backwards, etc.) 3) if you use it with your cell, no need to stop, just take the call and get back to the music once the call is done.

Once you go wireless, it's hard to not hate getting stuck with wires and no controls.

Last edited:
Has anyone used Bluetooth headphones?

http://www.jaybirdsport.com/freedom-sprint-bluetooth-headphones/

Top choice for work out. I never use anthyihng else.

$1111.jpg$1.jpg$11.jpg$111.jpg

Last edited:
I have a set of Jaybird Bluebud X bluetooth buds that I use in the gym. I leave my phone with my gym bag and have no trouble with bluetooth range up to forty feet or so.

I have been using a pair of Bose ear buds in the gym for a year. I run the wire under my shirt. The sound is great and the wire never gets caught. I am not a real sweaty man so I can't speak to sweat resistance.

Top Bottom