What's new

Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream

Saw this at safeway today, $2.50 a tube on sale (although it still only normally costs $3). I'm normally a soap guy, but figured at that price it couldn't hurt. I was surprised to see it, although I'm guessing Nivea has enough clout as a brand to push for its being made available. Now we just need hell to freeze over and get a brush back on the shelves.

Overall I'm pretty impressed. While it wasn't as slick as my stirling soap (I don't think much is, to be fair), it was certainly better than other products in a similar price range like VDH soap. Whipped up a nice face lather, easily enough for 3 passes. The scent is extremely faint, basically a nice... soapy smell. I'd certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a cheap cream, or trying to get someone interested in wetshaving with an easily available product.

Last edited:
I love Nivea creams. Probably the best of the few that can actually be bought in stores. And around here lately, there seems to be more options opening up, and the larger grocer chains are carrying brushes and things now to. Even the Weishi's are popping up. Anyway, that went off topic...
Nivea! Buy it, use it, love it! :thumbup1:

I love the Sensitive cream. I just wish all the big box pharmacies started carrying the regular cream too. Nivea shaving products are great in my book!

The Nivea cream is great stuff. Now, if you have Rite Aid pharmacies near you, pick up a tube of Real Shaving Co. shaving cream. Similarly priced, and you may like it even better.

Recently I purchased Nivea sensitive skin gel and used; Very good product and nice smell too. Really calmed my skin as alum told. I think Nivea product range can be recommended without any hesitation.

Nivea shave cream is good indeed. Especially for the price. However, I still prefer Palmolive cream at that price point.

How nice it is to go to a major supermarket and find a good shave cream. I bought my first tube in a Wegmans in Valley Forge, PA during vacation. I bought my second tube at the Stop & Shop supermarket a mile away from my house. Great performer, nice light scent.

Interestingly the matching sensitive Aftershave Balm has the same light scent.

Nivea shave cream is good indeed. Especially for the price. However, I still prefer Palmolive cream at that price point.

Wish I could buy Palmolive locally. If I didn't have to order it I would give up Nivea for it. But for 8$ a tube, its my 'lux' cream.

Was using Nivea Mild Shaving Cream, classic blue one, and because of some irritation on neck switched to Sensitive - boy, did it help. better smell than Mild, and nice rich lather every time. Oh, added benefit is that in Europe it costs just over 2$

Been using it for about 2 months since I found it locally. Good cream at a good price.

But here is the kicker, my local Safeway cleared the space after I bought all 3 tubes, really annoying. Now I have to drive 12 miles to another Safeway to get it. But this weekend I made the long trip to Rite Aid as well :). Netted 7 tubes of Nivea Sensitive, 2 more tubes of RSC, and a killer vintage Dopp Kit , definitely worth the 60 mile trip.

I personally haven't noticed any sort of gumming up, and it has been a daily cream for me for about 2 months +/-. But I only use boar, it might affect badger differently.

Top Bottom