What's new

Sensitivity/Razor Burn on Under-chin and Neck

I managed to get a complete BBS on neck and had literally no irritation at all. However, when hair started growing is when I encountered problems... skin got red, something like acne but it went away in a day or so - I guess it's because of growing hair. Is there something to do ?

I managed to get a complete BBS on neck and had literally no irritation at all. However, when hair started growing is when I encountered problems... skin got red, something like acne but it went away in a day or so - I guess it's because of growing hair. Is there something to do ?
Sounds like ingrown hair. Try not to stretch the skin too much when going ATG.

Sounds like ingrown hair. Try not to stretch the skin too much when going ATG.

Or too much pressure.

How does it feel with an alum block or alcohol based splash? If there's quite a bit of sting, you probably did use too much pressure or the wrong angle/blade combo even if nothing showed right away. When in doubt, settle for a DFS. And maybe try a milder blade that needs more passes but is smoother?

Nop, actually for the first time in my life I splashed generous amount of AS (a lot of alcohol in it) and felt almost no sting at all. Shave was perfect, there was redness only few hours later

Top Bottom