What's new

A good example for other parents

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Many places here are moving towards paper bags, but most people still see paper and reusable bags as something that only hippies use. We will catch up to you guys...one of these days :biggrin:

The nice thing about paper bags is they don't spill the contents all over the back seat when you go around a corner- unless you are doing it on two wheels :biggrin: Hell, remember in high school when we used paper bags to cover our textbooks?

The nice thing about paper bags is they don't spill the contents all over the back seat when you go around a corner- unless you are doing it on two wheels :biggrin: Hell, remember in high school when we used paper bags to cover our textbooks?

I used paper bags in elementary school, and then, they invented those cloth book covers.

Well, that is a better solution than mine, which would be to lay in ambush and then light 'em up with a full automatic airsoft gun :p

You'd be hard pressed to tell that there are ANY teenagers in my neighborhood. Either they come and go in cars or they just stay inside all day and night. Weird.

Interesting point about "minimum wage" jobs keeping kids busy and out of trouble. Problem is that folks are LIVING (or at least trying to) off "minimum wage" jobs so kids can't get them and parents dole out so much allowance they don't need to anyway. With increased automation encroaching on front end retail and service jobs these entry level MW positions are going to get squeezed even more. At some point having a human wait on you in a store or at a restaurant is going to be a mark of luxury! What are kids and the unskilled (not necessarily the uneducated) going to do then?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well, that is a better solution than mine, which would be to lay in ambush and then light 'em up with a full automatic airsoft gun :p

You'd be hard pressed to tell that there are ANY teenagers in my neighborhood. Either they come and go in cars or they just stay inside all day and night. Weird.

Interesting point about "minimum wage" jobs keeping kids busy and out of trouble. Problem is that folks are LIVING (or at least trying to) off "minimum wage" jobs so kids can't get them and parents dole out so much allowance they don't need to anyway. With increased automation encroaching on front end retail and service jobs these entry level MW positions are going to get squeezed even more. At some point having a human wait on you in a store or at a restaurant is going to be a mark of luxury! What are kids and the unskilled (not necessarily the uneducated) going to do then?

I have noticed more an more older people working fast food than ever before, and it has been going on for at least 10 years. Yeah, Wall Street is doing great, Main Street not so much.

Top Bottom