What's new

Foods That You Despise

Pizza- Yep, I will not eat pizza. My family was very poor when i was young, and we essentially lived off rejected pizzas my mother brought home from the Godfathers she worked at. Sour memories spoiling a beautiful thing? Perhaps.

When I was around 20yo, I went out west and stayed with a friend who was in the Air Force and had a house off-base. We ordered in pizza every day for the 3 months I was there. It really turned me off to delivered pizza, and I've never ordered another one since.

When I was around 45, I picked up a part-time job delivering (Kosher) pizza. Once I found out what went on behind the scenes, before the pie gets to your house, I was turned off even more.

I'll still order a slice with all the toppings when I'm out. Or on rare occasions, I might order a whole pie to bring home. But to get it delivered? No way.

I'd rather have gyros though.
+1 ... good gyros are hard to find, but when you do, its heaven.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Flavored coffees like Hazelnut, French Vanilla, Pumpkin, etc.

Add non dairy creamer and artificial sweeteners and it's a Triple Threat.

Right, the flavored coffees are just wrong. My dad makes a pretty good coffee at his house then puts hazelnut creamer in it. Wrong.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Right, the flavored coffees are just wrong. My dad makes a pretty good coffee at his house then puts hazelnut creamer in it. Wrong.

My father puts coffee in his sugar free vanilla creamer.
I can only drink my coffee black and my tea unsweetened.

Okra.
10 minutes gentle simmering & it's a firm tasteless mess
11 minutes gentle simmering & it's a snotty tasteless mess
:nono:

Okra.
10 minutes gentle simmering & it's a firm tasteless mess
11 minutes gentle simmering & it's a snotty tasteless mess
:nono:
My mother had a running joke that at the end of a meal, she would say "Oh! I forgot to serve the Okra." My brother and I had no idea what she was talking about. It wasn't until I was in my 20s and saw okra on the menu at a restaurant. So I ordered some, just to find out what it was. I didn't like it, and I never ordered it again.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My mother had a running joke that at the end of a meal, she would say "Oh! I forgot to serve the Okra." My brother and I had no idea what she was talking about. It wasn't until I was in my 20s and saw okra on the menu at a restaurant. So I ordered some, just to find out what it was. I didn't like it, and I never ordered it again.

Pickled okra is very good. No slime at all.

I will eat just about anything but I absolutely hate mushrooms. Something about the flavor and texture of them make me gag.

I grew up on it - I was raised by my Old Order Amish grandparents and it was on the table a lot. I still eat it at times but it is hard to find a good grade

martym

My grandpa used to bake the cow tongue with sweet potato.
So delicious!

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
My grandpa used to bake the cow tongue with sweet potato.
So delicious!

Marty, let me tell you something. You just totally cracked me in to hysterical laughing. I didn't know it was you until I looked over at your location. I said, "who is this posting from south Texas?" I looked over at your name and said, "that's Marty." What? Then I read your avatar...LOL, lol. I posted that saying in the non-biblical says thread a few days ago. Is it coincidence or are you just messing with me?

tell me you've eaten mountain oysters.

Last edited:
Since that time however, I learned what head cheese was, and I refuse to eat foods that can taste me back. So they're both off the menu.

martym

Marty, let me tell you something. You just totally cracked me in to hysterical laughing. I didn't know it was you until I looked over at your location. I said, "who is this posting from south Texas?" I looked over at your name and said, "that's Marty." What? Then I read your avatar...LOL, lol. I posted that saying in the non-biblical says thread a few days ago. Is it coincidence or are you just messing with me?

tell me you've eaten mountain oysters.

Complete co-ink-e-dink!
I even have a t-shirt with that on it. I got it at a Ron White concert.
I have eaten mountain oysters and I do like them.

Top Bottom