What's new

Foods That You Despise

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Yeah, I know. No matter what method you use, there's a very thin line between under and overcooked.

I don't have a cast-iron grill pan anymore, but I could get one easily enough. Do you think asparagus could be cooked on a George Foreman electric grill?

I only do grass grilled, very quickly at super high temperatures, rolled beforehand in olive oil, coarse ground pepper and sea salt. Not sure the Geo Foreman (I have one that hasn't been used in a while) gets hot enough. On the grill grate two or three minutes while the steaks are resting works out almost every time. A couple slip through the grate once in a while, but never have dried out

I only do grass grilled, very quickly at super high temperatures, rolled beforehand in olive oil, coarse ground pepper and sea salt. Not sure the Geo Foreman (I have one that hasn't been used in a while) gets hot enough. On the grill grate two or three minutes while the steaks are resting works out almost every time. A couple slip through the grate once in a while, but never have dried out

This sounds about what I do too. Always done on the gas grill, never tried a cast iron or Foreman grill.

I despise paninis and refuse to eat them. I will eat one panino, or two or more panini. I will not eat one panini or two or more paninis. I simply cannot.

I can't abide sandwicheses either. Or a single sandwiches. Ugh!
I despise seiss xcheese I cannot stand the smell or taste of the stuffI also cannot stand the smell or taste of horseradish

Bell Peppers and eggplant.
I don't include pigs feet, chicken feet, Spam and other trash, since it's refuse & not food.

I don't like any brown coloured food.

It just depresses me.

I am ok with chocolate ice cream though.

Although arguably, chocolate ice cream is beige.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Boiled okra.
At any stage of the cooking process it's a disgusting tasting product covered in slime.
I've had people tell me "Oh, try it fried!"
No. I've no interest in trying fried slug slime either

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Boiled okra.
At any stage of the cooking process it's a disgusting tasting product covered in slime.
I've had people tell me "Oh, try it fried!"
No. I've no interest in trying fried slug slime either
Oh I am sort of with you on the okra issue. My favorite way to eat okra is pickled. There is no sliminess, there is no anything that is negative. It’s sort of like pickles. And the ones I buy from my local grocery store are fabulous.

My late wife Linda loved them fried. They were fabulous. And from the local chicken place she liked fried gizzards and or livers, but she only ate them on a bet. Lol.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
um, fried okra and catfish - yes, please!

Funny thread. I'll throw in:

Brussels sprouts. The smell ... like going over to the house of a relative you hate. (Clearly I have unresolved family issues).

I'll eat most anything from squirrel to tentacle-sushi, but not eggs, oddly. Not going to try to convince the 95% that do that eggs are disgusting (dip egg? the horror!) but the very word "cloaca" ... google it.

AA

Last edited:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
um, fried okra and catfish - yes, please!

Funny thread. I'll throw in:

Brussels sprouts. The smell ... like going over to the house of a relative you hate. (Clearly I have unresolved family issues).

I'll eat most anything from squirrel to tentacle-sushi, but not eggs, oddly. Not going to try to convince the 95% that do that eggs are disgusting (dip egg? the horror!) but the very word "cloaca" ... google it.

AA
So you don’t like eggs? What’s wrong with you? We are going to have to re-evaluate our relationship. Lol.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Uni. Don’t eat uni. It tastes like snot from 5th grade. There’s not too many things that I don’t like but this one is on the top of the list of ”no-gos”.

Last edited:
Top Bottom