What's new

Foods That You Despise

Lima beans. This awful slop my mother used to make called "slumgullion" that looked like dog puke. (she was a good cook other than that.) Eggs (esp poached) where the whites are still runny.
+1 on Lima beans. That's what I was going to say. Something about the texture is gross. Nothing else on this post scares me. Some of the things I really like.

Potato salad. When I studied microbiology in college my professor spoke at length what a great medium for bacteria potato salad is. A perfect environment for all kinds of nasty bugs.

Potato salad. When I studied microbiology in college my professor spoke at length what a great medium for bacteria potato salad is. A perfect environment for all kinds of nasty bugs.

$potato_salad_goes_bad.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Pretty much anything that begins with, ends in, or contains "liver," is out of the question.

That's funny, it brings back some memories. When mom would cook liver she would lie to me and say it was tender steak. It worked, I ate it. Dad and the brothers would go along with the story...laughing of course.

I'm with you on the limas. I like many, many beans, but limas aren't on the list!

Lima beans. This awful slop my mother used to make called "slumgullion" that looked like dog puke. (she was a good cook other than that.) Eggs (esp poached) where the whites are still runny.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"

Potato salad doesn't hang around long enough to go bad at my house. Once it's made it's gone.

Ranch, just the smell makes me want to vomit. I really can't sit at the same table as anyone eating it.

mayo or anything with mayo is a close second

That's funny, it brings back some memories. When mom would cook liver she would lie to me and say it was tender steak. It worked, I ate it. Dad and the brothers would go along with the story...laughing of course.

Remind me to tell you the story of the meal my wife (then, girlfriend) made for me. She thought she would surprise me with her favorite meal, shortly after moving into her new apartment. I almost wretched when I opened the door. She was amazed that liver and onions might not be everyone's favorite meal. I toughed it out... ate a few bites, and tried to convince her that I really enjoyed it (my momma taught me to be polite, and to eat all my food). It's a miracle we ever actually married. :lol:

Salmon in any form, canned or fresh
All canned seafood except Tuna
raw carrots
raw broccoli
cauliflower in any form
beets in any form
Chicken in any form
Liver or any other organ meats from any animal
anything containing "mechanically processed" meat
barbecue potato chips
fried pig skin (cracklins, pork rinds, etc)

I love Lima beans, mostly butter beans, or baby limas. I really like most of the things on here with the exception of my entry and the weird processed meats. Those aren't food. The mayo haters I cannot understand. I love making mayo, and will sneak it into all sorts of stuff. Mayo made with hot sauce in place of vinegar=NASCAR sauce, makes you go WOO!

When I was a kid in the 50's and times were tough ,my Mom would make us " creamed chipped beef" over toast...It was like molten salt lava,I hated that crap it was so salty....Other than that,I hate about 99% of what Andrew Zimmern eats....

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
When I was a kid in the 50's and times were tough ,my Mom would make us " creamed chipped beef" over toast...It was like molten salt lava,I hated that crap it was so salty....Other than that,I hate about 99% of what Andrew Zimmern eats....

Thats funny, Andrew eats scorpions stuffed with cricket eggs marinaded in fish guts. Yummy lol

Top Bottom