What's new

Southern Tier Creme Brulee Stout?

I've had some of their offerings, but this one doesn't appeal to me. Their 2XMas is good (to me though many don't like it) as is Choklat.

When I was picking this up, a gentleman commented on the pumpking, that was right next to it. He said it was the best pumkin beer he had ever had.

Steve

Pumpking is the best, they got that flavor of crust in there with the pumpkin.

I like Creme Brulee but it is sooo rich, it really is a bottle I'd rather share. By the time I'm done with it I'm full and sleepy :p

I've had the "Choklat" from southern tier. And it was probably the sweetest stout i've had, crazy good.

If i see this, i'm gonna get it.

Two years running, I've bought Pumking and done my best to work through a glass. First year, I thought that I must have gotten an off bottle as I poured it down the drain. Second year, I realized at the first sip that I just can't stomach it. I guess that the joys of Southern Tier flavored beers will be forever denied to me.

I like Choklat and Pumking, but find that 3/4 of the way through I stop enjoying it as much. Maybe my palate just gets overloaded.

Been meaning to try a Creme Brulee though. I think I still have an Oat stout in the fridge.

I'm not much for Southier Tier's offerings as much as I wish I enjoyed them. Most of them are too sweet for me.

Having said that, Shipyard and Weyerbacher's pumpkin ales are tasty enough and I found they taste even better come February or March. The spices settle and the pumpkin is more pronounced. :)

Oh well, this one didn't work out - too bitter for me. Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout was much better.

I'm definitely NOT an expert on craft beers, but from what i read though (and when i go to beer tastings) it's a huge no no to pour a stout (or most craft beers) in a frozen mug. Because it hinders the flavors that come out as the beer warms up. I always pour my beers in a regular room temp glass.

I know it's a matter of preference, but maybe that's why you didn't like it.

Only "sweet" stout I've had us Sam Adams cream stout, which I adore. This sounds like more sweet than I would like though. How do they compare?

Top Bottom