What's new

First Arko Shave Today

So I picked up some Arko after reading some pretty decent reviews here and I have to agree with the positive comments.

I cut up my first stick and mushed it into my Grandfather's old shaving mug. I put a little bit of warm water on top as I showered and then dumped the water. Hit the soap with my wet brush about 10-12 rotations in the cup and had a really great lather and slick shave. The scent wasn't as bad as I expected and my wife agreed. It mostly smells like Ivory to both of us.

So if you have been thinking about giving it a shot I'd encourage you to at least try it. Good price and soap!

:thumbup1:

$51tBq-M5VAL._SY300_.jpg

I've had the same stick of Arko for a while now. I would also recommend their shaving creams too. They are just as good and have a variety of scents.

I've mostly settled on Arko for my daily shave. I have the puck version as well but haven't tried it yet.

I also used Arko for the first time today. Gobs of fast, slick, cushiony lather. It has already earned a permanent place in my rotation. The smell isnt my favorite but i value performance over all else and perform it does. Fantastic shave.

I've been on a week-long binge with Arko. I might just grab the 12-pack eventually and settle into the routine. I do what you did and pushed a stick into an Old Spice mug. Works like a charm.

]I was about to use LaToja today until the Arko stuff popped up again. Arko it is![/B][/I][/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I also used Arko for the first time today. Gobs of fast, slick, cushiony lather. It has already earned a permanent place in my rotation. The smell isnt my favorite but i value performance over all else and perform it does. Fantastic shave.
Once it is unwrapped a bit it will mellow out the scent.

It's my go to soap when I know my blade is at the end of its life, or I am trying something new and want to eliminate a variable. It just works. COA

I've finished my eighth shave in a row with it since I'm participating in Arko August.
ive got mine smooshed in an old (and very well cleaned) deodorant container.
$image.jpg

Last edited:
It's an excellent soap. I actually like the smell. Not sure if it is the smell itself that I enjoy, or just that I associate that smell with great shaves. Either way, I like it.

I've mostly settled on Arko for my daily shave. I have the puck version as well but haven't tried it yet.

I've finished my eighth shave in a row with it since I'm participating in Arko August.
ive got mine smooshed in an old (and very well cleaned) deodorant container.
View attachment 481689

Darn, I missed Arko August. I'll make up for it in Speicktember though:thumbup:

After seeing so many endorsements of Arko shaving soap I decided to order some. I'm a face-latherer but I've never used a stick so I chose the red tub instead. After a hot shower I hit it with my well-soaked Semogue 620 and the soap practically leapt onto the brush! The Arko transferred to my face easily but I needed a bit more water to make it really come to life. It may take another shave or two to really dial it in, but I'm sorry to say that it isn't likely to become a favorite due to the lemony household cleanser scent.

After seeing so many endorsements of Arko shaving soap I decided to order some. I'm a face-latherer but I've never used a stick so I chose the red tub instead. After a hot shower I hit it with my well-soaked Semogue 620 and the soap practically leapt onto the brush! The Arko transferred to my face easily but I needed a bit more water to make it really come to life. It may take another shave or two to really dial it in, but I'm sorry to say that it isn't likely to become a favorite due to the lemony household cleanser scent.

Like others have pointed out, the scent really mellows with time. I find that the initial Citronella harshness fades to a quite pleasant smell after a while. Fortunately, while the scent changes, the quality lather remains the same.

Top Bottom