What's new

Good everyday cigar?

I'm relatively new to cigar smoking. A couple years ago I got into cigars and was smoking pretty regularly but ended up stopping for a while until recently. Now I'm looking for a good cigar for around $2 for a daily go to, but I'm afraid to just go out and buy a bunch of potentially garbage stogies. Anyone have any suggestions on a medium bodied cigar in that price range?

From my experience, you're shooting a bit low for a brand-name quality cigar for $2.
However, most god cigar stores have no-name, discount sticks for that price -- they're usually either true, no-name-cheapies made with inferior filler, or "seconds" from good brands. Some are awful. But some are surprisingly good.

If you expand your price to $4-5/each, you'll have some good options from good names. For instance, the Punch Champion is a great inexpensive smoke.

From my experience, you're shooting a bit low for a brand-name quality cigar for $2...

If you expand your price to $4-5/each, you'll have some good options from good names...
+1. Try a Fuente Chateau in all three wrappers (natural, maduro and sun grown) and/or a Fuente 8-5-8 in its three variations (natural, maduro and claro).

Agree, at that price point, you're looking at either junk or seconds. I will buy some seconds by the bundle, and keep it in the ballpark of your price point, but I have to agree, you are a little low for a brick & mortar shop. You almost have to mail order at that price, and who knows what will happen to mail order after the FDA gets done.

+1. Try a Fuente Chateau in all three wrappers (natural, maduro and sun grown) and/or a Fuente 8-5-8 in its three variations (natural, maduro and claro).
I actually just bought a fuente chateau yesterday. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty promising.

I actually just bought a fuente chateau yesterday. Haven't tried it yet, but it looks pretty promising.
As the old commercial used to say, "Try it, you'll like it." :001_smile If you do, but want a larger size, try the Double Chateau. In maduro, it's my go-to cigar. In fact, I just finished my first of the day.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Flor de Oliva
Tampa Sweatharts

Also if you check out CigarMonster.com and CI's Cigar Joe you can occasionally get 5 and 10 packs for around $2.00.

CI will also have samplers in that price range, all the cigars won't always be winners but then they do stuff like this where each one is pretty good and definitely worth the price.

The cheapest decent cigar I'd grab is a Fuente Curly Head.

I agree though, stepping up to the $4-5 range opens things up a bit.

gran habano vintage 2002 is a good bang for the buck smoke, the robusto size is going for 2.50 on CI, sometimes you can even find it a little cheaper

Second Commander Quan, I no longer smoke cigars but I remember the Flor De Olivas as being very satisfying and easy on the wallet. 5 Vegas, any type are also a great value and tasty, well I guess they are actually a dollar more each. I must have been thinking about 2004 prices, in any case they are still a good value considering the depreciation of the currency

Last edited:
Also if you check out CigarMonster.com and CI's Cigar Joe you can occasionally get 5 and 10 packs for around $2.00.

CI will also have samplers in that price range, all the cigars won't always be winners but then they do stuff like this where each one is pretty good and definitely worth the price.

+1 to this. If $2/stick is your hard line, then look for deals or accumulate samplers. You won't have an award winning humidor, but it will be fully stocked.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
For $1 more, you can get the Premium House Selection which is rolled for Ashton. Best $3 cigar I've ever smoked, easily as good as most $5-6 sticks

Quorum is in your price range. $1.50-$2.00 for Robusto. I find them enjoyable.

Parodi, and Backwoods is in that price range too. Parodi is a dry Italian cigar. I enjoy them.

gran habano vintage 2002 is a good bang for the buck smoke, the robusto size is going for 2.50 on CI, sometimes you can even find it a little cheaper

This, this, this and this. Consistently good sticks for ~$2ish

Rocky Patel 2nds and the like can be had in that general price range also & I have had good luck with them.

How did I miss seeing this one? +2. I had this one as a blind try from Boris and I would have thought it was at least a $6 stick.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went to one of the small smoke shops in my town and they had Quorum singles for $2.50, so I snagged a couple of those to try out. I also bought an Omar Ortez Original as well as some more Fuente's and a Romeo y Julietta. I can't find the Gran Habano locally, so I'm gonna order some of those soon. I'm running out of space in my humi :tongue_sm

Top Bottom