What's new

Hair Product PIF

Wow! This huge package of awesome showed up at my office today:

$uploadfromtaptalk1410310846007.jpg

I'm really looking forward to trying all of this stuff out. Looks like I wont need to be buying any hair products for a while. Thanks Jeff!

Last edited:
Three days since I've received the goodies and I've tried three of the products out. I usually get my hair cut kind of short, but then don't get around to getting it cut again for about 6 weeks and it gets pretty long, thick and wavy. I'm at that long, thick and wavy stage right now, so I'm trying to stick with products that are a little lighter. I'm not too sure how many of these products work, so I'm just going on what they look like in the container. I tried the Murray's and the Dax Wave and Groom on the first two days. Both were thicker and stickier than I thought they'd be, but a little bit held my hair in place nicely. Today, I went with the Tres Flores Brilliantine. First time I've tried something like this. I like the scent and it really is quite different. It seems to give just a little hold, with a bit of shine. I really am liking the way it is working with my hair when it is long. Still very excited about this!

Got a haircut yesterday, so I can give the more waxy options a try now. Went with the Tru-Hold today. Went in thick, but seems to have softened up a bit. Nice so far.

Got a haircut yesterday, so I can give the more waxy options a try now. Went with the Tru-Hold today. Went in thick, but seems to have softened up a bit. Nice so far.
The Murray's and Dax are crazy thick. Most petroleum based posses will be. The best thing to do is lighten it up a bit by grabbing a bit of the heavy stuff then a little bit of lighter pomade such as Murray's superlight or royal crown. Will make it much easier for you to get in your hair

Thanks for the tip. Have to figure out what I have that I can mix with, since I certainly can't go buy anything new now! Would something water based work?

Used the Brass Rooster today. First impression - this stuff is amazing! Real difficult to get out of the tin, but softened up in my palms immediately. Went into my hair easily and is providing nice hold without any stiffness/crunchiness.

Tried the Schmiere Knuppelhart today. Man that stuff is hard to get out of the container! Also, I don't use a brush or comb - only use my hands and fingers to style my hair - so getting the real waxy stuff in is a challenge. It's easier if I make sure that my hair is still damp and I work it in my palms a little first, but as suggested above, after I give each one a go straight up, I'll experiment with mixing each something lighter. Anyway, the Schmiere Knuppelhart is definitely heavy and is seeming to stay waxy. We'll see how it works throughout the day.

If you have a hair dryer close by, you can try to melt it down a little in the jar. I've been doing that with The Iron Society when I have time and it seems to work pretty well for melting the wax down.

Hair dryer is a good idea in theory, but if SWMBO sees me warming up pomade, starts to investigate further, and realizes I have acquired 10 more containers of hair product, she'll probably throw me out of the house! Besides, the getting this stuff out of the tin and softening it up is as close as I'm goint to get to a workout for the 90-day challenge!

Tried Groom & Clean yesterday. First time using this and, honestly, I probably never would have purchased this, so I'm really glad it was included in the PIF. It's basically like a light hair gel. I liked the hold, with a little bit of a wet look, and a nice scent. Good stuff!

Today I tried the American Crew Pomade. Didn't realize this was going to be a water based pomade, so it was a lot softer than I thought it was going to be. Hold seems to be little lighter than I like and it doesn't seem to have any scent. This may be one that I'll mix with one of the heavier weight products.

Just a few more to try, but suffice it to say, having all of these products is going be perfect for my slightly ADD nature.

Thanks for your updates, David. It's fun to read through them. Of everything you received in the PIF, I liked the Groom & Clean the best. Especially with shorter hair. If I ever grow my hair out again, that will be one item I purchase again.

Top Bottom