What's new

Traveling Ink Box

May I jump in? I have several bottles of ink which are not being appreciated at the current time and need a little kickstart to getting my pens back in rotation.

If I am allowed in, this is what it might look like
dgreene120 -FL
mikeschu - CA (pending receipt from Boris)
airmech - TX
docholliday77 - MN
Jeff_H - TX
Vlad - TX
Go West Young Man - CA
Jut - Illinois
LouSee - PA

countrydirt - CO

If I am allowed in, this is what it might look like
dgreene120 -FL
mikeschu - CA (pending receipt from Boris)
airmech - TX
docholliday77 - MN
Jeff_H - TX
Vlad - TX
Go West Young Man - CA
Jut - Illinois
LouSee - PA

countrydirt - CO
You're In!

The box arrived today, it looks like a sample had a small leak although nothing major and no major damage.
$IMG_0340.jpg$IMG_0341.jpg
I will look over the contents make my decisions, make my additions and get it on the way!

Tom

Well I have made my selections! I removed the following;
The bottle of Pilot tsuki-yo
The bottle of J. Herbin Lierre Sauvage
The bottle of Diamine Claret
Sample of Pelikan Edelstein Ruby
The blue wax stick

I added the following;

Bottle of Noodler's Blue Eel
Bottle of Noodler's 5 o'clock Shadow
Bottle of Private Reserve Naples Blue
Bottle of Waterman Red Ink
Bottle of Diamine China Blue
Samples of;
PR Lake Placid Blue
PR Tropical Blue
Sailor Jentle Blue
Noodler's Baystate Blue
Noodler's Gruene Cactus
Noodler's Black

I will be handing the box off to Vlad next week, hopefully Monday!

Tom

PS Thank you Andy and Allen for getting this going and may thanks to those who participated before me.

The box has been passed to Vlad, it was great to put a face with the name! I also included a couple of composition books if someone wants them. Hope someone gets some enjoyment from the inks that I included!

Tom

That's what everyone has been doing. Andy originally suggested Saran (cling) wrap. My guess is that the electrical tape will do a better job of making sure the lid doesn't unscrew and also seal in any small leak that does occur.

Electrical tape around the cap will help prevent leaks. If, somehow, a bottle is broken, the saran wrap keeps the glass from going everywhere. The plastic zipper bags keep the ink from getting on everything else. The bubble wrap and peanuts help prevent broken glass. It may be over the top, but it seems to work well, ime. Of course, very little helps if the box gets run over, which is something I've seen happen.

-Andy

Everything has electrical tape on the caps except for the ones that I put in. Also each bottle is in it own small size ziploc bag and each sample is in its own ziploc bag.

Tom

Top Bottom