What's new

Lea Classic Shaving Soap

I have it, a solid shaving stick. Pretty good performer with a clean scent. I really can't find fault with the performance, but the lack of any real scent bores me, which largely prevents me from using it and enthusiastically recommending it to most people. If you like a clean scent and can find it at a reasonable price I would recommend it. I believe it contains lanolin, for better or worse.

I read somewhere that they were reformulated, and improved. The old sticks, the ones you could buy in the shops in Spain, were nothing special.

Oscar.....are you asking about the Classic puck ???

Attachments

• $lea.jpg
    $lea.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 453
Ah, I was talking about this one:

Not worth a detour, in my opinion.

I, too, would love to hear some feedback about the new Classic soap.

Eeyore, your photo is of the old formula stick. The newer formula with different packaging has tallow, glycerin and lanolin, and is quite good, particularly at its price point.

proxy.php

Branford, thank you. I never used the new formula stick (yet).

The new LEA and BEA sticks - with tallow, lanolin, and glycerine - are top notch performers in my book. Someone mentioned that the scent was kind of boring, and I'd agree with that, but both still smell very nice and clean; not offensive in anyway, just nothing special. The performance, however, is top notch. I'd rank them right behind Speick in my shave stick rankings, especially considering that they're only about $4 or $5 each.

As for the new LEA Classic line, I'm also very interested to hear feedback. Since I consider the shave stick to be fantastic, especially at its price point, I would hope that the puck performs at least the same (hopefully better considering the cost). This has been on my watch list for some time, and depending on the reviews I see will be one of my first purchases after the GRU-Fall is over.

LEA Classic puck is nice. Little difficult to lather (I had to use destilled water), but once you hit the sweet spot, it`s very slick and protecting. Post shave feel is excellent. It contains menthol, but it`s hardly noticeable. Scent is nice and subtle.

I am picking my puck / bowl up today....I have both new and old sticks of Lea,the new formula is better,but I get good lather with the old formula as well.I also have a Bea stick in the order along with the new Lea Classic cream,we'll see how they pan out...

The new LEA and BEA sticks - with tallow, lanolin, and glycerine - are top notch performers in my book. Someone mentioned that the scent was kind of boring, and I'd agree with that, but both still smell very nice and clean; not offensive in anyway, just nothing special. The performance, however, is top notch. I'd rank them right behind Speick in my shave stick rankings, especially considering that they're only about $4 or $5 each.

As for the new LEA Classic line, I'm also very interested to hear feedback. Since I consider the shave stick to be fantastic, especially at its price point, I would hope that the puck performs at least the same (hopefully better considering the cost). This has been on my watch list for some time, and depending on the reviews I see will be one of my first purchases after the GRU-Fall is over.

Couldn't agree more, both sticks are top notch performers, overshadowed only by the new Williams - cant think of any stick I'd put above it.

-s

LEA Classic puck is nice. Little difficult to lather (I had to use destilled water), but once you hit the sweet spot, it`s very slick and protecting. Post shave feel is excellent. It contains menthol, but it`s hardly noticeable. Scent is nice and subtle.
Thanks.

I have not tried the soap, but the after shave balm fantastic in my opinion. Fresh scent, and good face cooling effect. Great for hot summer days. If the soap is the same, I will have to give it a try.

They do not have an AS Balm in the new Classic line................

I hope you get yours soon Oscar so we can get some more reports on the Classic line.

I hope you get yours soon Oscar so we can get some more reports on the Classic line.
Bob, just what we need, more soap, lol. I sure enjoy playing around with them though. I have more straights than soap but I have an obscene number of straight razors. I think tomorrow is the earliest I could expect it.

Top Bottom