What's new

Think I got a steal? I think.

This is how it starts. It's like the blackjack tables. They always let you win big in the beginning, just to get you hooked. Let's face it, you just bought a razor that is easily worth twice what you paid for it by using your knowledge, skill, and powers of observation. But that is how they get you hooked! Pretty soon, you will be finding deals like this every week and then your eBay feedback score will hit triple digits and then you will have boxes full of razors and then ...
Not that I would know anything about this phenomenon.:blushing:

No. I do not have a problem and can stop when I want.

After term I get a Fat Handle Tech. Maybe a gold plate. Maybe both.

I have a similar one that I just got (although not quite as much of a steal for me) and I have a noob question. Going through the settings, is 1-9 going least aggressive (1) to most aggressive (9)?

Well I got it. It is gummed up. Soaking in hot cup of soapy water now. TTO is sticky as is adjustment dial.

Those issues will probably clear up easily. A friend recently gave me an old Fat Boy the was totally frozen, and although the plating is pretty ragged it works flawlessly now with a little patience.

Those issues will probably clear up easily. A friend recently gave me an old Fat Boy the was totally frozen, and although the plating is pretty ragged it works flawlessly now with a little patience.

What did you do?

i am doing hot soapy soaks. Then scrub. Also scrubbing bubbles and mineral oil. Also have boiled it twice. Missing anything?

What did you do?

i am doing hot soapy soaks. Then scrub. Also scrubbing bubbles and mineral oil. Also have boiled it twice. Missing anything?

Nothing more than you. I put it in a pot and just brought the temperature up to boiling, then turned it off and squirted Dawn in it. Left it 24 hours. Good rinse, then 10 min in vinegar. Scrubbed well with a toothbrush. Repeat for another day. Soaked it Liquid Wrench penetrating oil, then used a couple of pair of cloth wrapped plies to gently rock the adjuster. Then another round of hot water and Dawn overnight.

Throw in a couple of scrubbing bubbles sessions.

Over all it took about 4 days of mostly soaking.

Don't get in a hurry.

And while it was given to me freely I did give him a solid A- user grade Slim in exchange.

Last edited:
Top Bottom