What's new

Have any of you guys tried Nivea Shave Cream

I like the Nivea shave cream a lot. It performs as well as any of the more expensive creams I have tried. It smells ok too.. Just like the Nivea sensitive post shave balm if you have tried that before.

The Sensitive one has the best smell, but the regular blue tube is the performer, but only by a bit. Buy either, I guarantee no disappointment!

I have both regular and sensitive and I agree to all stated above.

Along with Bozzano and Gillette, Nivea is widely available here in Brazil for about US$ 2.00.

Considering its price and performance everyone should have both.

The little Tom Thumb in my neighborhood recently started carrying it. So maybe check in one of those if you can?

I've only used it once so far, but really liked it.

I like the Nivea shave cream a lot. It performs as well as any of the more expensive creams I have tried. It smells ok too.. Just like the Nivea sensitive post shave balm if you have tried that before.

Good, fairly inexpensive, consistent product.
One of my standard recommendations when people ask for a shaving cream.
Fairly easy to find in Europe, Middle East and Canada - more difficult in the US.

The entire Nivea range performs well, scents are pleasant but unremarkable, which is easy to understand when one remembers that the fairly large Beiersdorf (Elastoplast, Eucerin, Labello, La Prairie and of course Nivea) parent company is primarily a skin care company rather than a cosmetics company.

Despite all its qualities, Nivea creams or balms are not often discussed here, although IMO Nivea wins hands-down over some of the more frequently mentioned products here.

Our local Rite Aids just started carrying the newest alcohol-free version but none of the rest. I tried it and so far I like it.

It's a decent cream and the cost is nice. It smells exactly like the Sensitive AS Balm (which I really like the scent of).

I've used it twice and got great results both times. Very good post-shave feel. I'd like to try the Original formula to see how it compares.

By the way, for anyone trying to find this locally, it looks like Safeway stores (which also include Pavilion's, Tom Thumb, Von's, and Randall's) carry it in stock. Buy as many as you can if you see it, we want to keep it on the shelves!

Nivea Senstitve is a great cheap cream. Its easy to lather and has a mild scent so you can use any aftershave of your choosing and not have to worry about scents working against each other.

I had been wanting to try this cream after I found out it is carried in Vons/Pavilions (Safeway Stores) and was extremely excited to find it in my local Vons! It was $3.49 for the tube and the shave was okay. I was expecting more but for the price it can't be beat. It feels really good on my face and seems to soften it up more so than other creams I've used (TOBS Jermyn and Body Shop Maca Root), but it isn't quite as slick. The post shave feel is freaking amazing though. Even when I feel like I just mangled my face due to the lack of slickness, my face still feels awesome after.

I tried it first with a bit of cream and today with more and both times I'm just not getting an awesome slickness, then again I have a lame face that is really rough and makes it tough to shave with any cream causing them to sometimes skip, mostlikely my hardwater doesn't help! So, as always, YMMV!

Top Bottom