What's new

The mail man is my best friend :-)

Some new goodies arrived this week courtesy of Stirling and Italian Barber:
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406373947.652998.jpg

I bought the Fine Sample pack first, so I knew that I loved the Fresh Vetiver. I had never smelled Green Irish Tweed before, but the descriptions intrigued me, so I popped for the Razorock and Stirling versions. I have to say, as much as I love Razorock, the Sharp Dressed Man smells better to my sniffer. Ten soap samples also made their way to my house. Unfortunately, the Texas on Fire and Iced Coffee have been ziplocked and hidden from the world in the back of the under sink cabinet (they reek!). I have shaved with Margaritas in the Artic; the performance was top notch, and I found it very easy to lather. However, it doesn't smell like any lime/margarita I've ever had! It's a weird scent that's hard to describe, but not altogether unpleasant.

I also had a look at all my stuff together for the first time in a while, and I'm beginning to think that I may have an AD problem...

The Soaps
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406374674.741391.jpg

The Aftershaves
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406374713.942574.jpg
I don't even know where all of these came from. At the beginning of the year all I had was the Nivea and the RSC balms and the Razorock alum. Now I have more aftershaves than soaps!

The Hardware
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406374839.599517.jpg
This is one area where I think I might be content. I'm up only one brush and I'm down to my three favorite razors (I did have eight). The razors I've kept are absolutely great shavers for my face; I don't see any reason to keep buying them (other than the thrill of the hunt, of course). I do think that I might want another boar or maybe a two band finest with a larger knot than the Semogue, but I could be perfectly content with the two that I have.

Lol! I know my den would be a travel kit to many here, but it's a loooong ways from the one brush, one soap, one razor and one aftershave I used to use and get great shaves with.

I was just kidding. Is the razor on the right an Old Type with a custom handle? If you haven't tried a NEW yet, I think you should.

I was just kidding. Is the razor on the right an Old Type with a custom handle? If you haven't tried a NEW yet, I think you should.

It is indeed an Old Type head on a custom handle from Bob Quinn at Elite Razor. It's white quartz laced with Jasper that's the same length as a Merkur 38C. Here's a better photo of it:

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406377977.839718.jpg

I did have a New LC, but sold it off. It was just too aggressive to be an everyday shaver on my face.

Last edited:
He would be my best friend too if he brought all that to me.
I just received a pif of the stirling texas on fire soap, looking forward to trying that.
Enjoy!

He would be my best friend too if he brought all that to me.
I just received a pif of the stirling texas on fire soap, looking forward to trying that.
Enjoy!

It was thrown in as a free sample with my order, and I'm afraid to lather it up or even take it out of the wrapper....:blushing:

My soap/cream situation is similar to yours but you definitely have me beat on aftershaves. Looks like I need to step it up a bit in AS acquisitions :lol:

Aftershaves are definitely a slippery slope. I could be perfectly happy with nothing but the Thayer's Original Witch Hazel and the alum block. That combo gives me great post shave healing and face feel, but I love all the different scents. :lol:

It was thrown in as a free sample with my order, and I'm afraid to lather it up or even take it out of the wrapper....:blushing:

Its a strong one, I will give you that. I kept having to open the tin and smell the soap.... Weird! I loved it, then wasn't sure and then loved it. It really is an odd scent but it a good way.
Well I just shaved with it just, it lathers great and I really got a great shave with it. The scent seemed to bloom as I lathered it and stayed on my face after the shave. Definately give it a go, in rhe future I will order more scents.

Its a strong one, I will give you that. I kept having to open the tin and smell the soap.... Weird! I loved it, then wasn't sure and then loved it. It really is an odd scent but it a good way.
Well I just shaved with it just, it lathers great and I really got a great shave with it. The scent seemed to bloom as I lathered it and stayed on my face after the shave. Definately give it a go, in rhe future I will order more scents.

I'm sure I'll eventually get around to trying it, but I've got so many other scents in line that I know that I like, so it'll probably be a while.

You are Vegless.

I have seen the Veg in the Wild and know where I can easily pick it up, but I'm skeered... From it's descriptions, it does not sound like a scent I would enjoy.

Top Bottom