What's new

Texas Asian Taco's

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Texas Asian Taco's
Here's a recipe that I saw on the food network. I have changed it quite a bit to make it mine. I hope you like it...enjoy.

Texas Asian Tacos
4 servings
Ingredients:
Beef and marinate
1-2 pounds of flank or skirt steak(chicken or shrimp could also be tried)
1 cup of soy sauce
½ cup brown sugar
¼ cup sesame oil
3 cloves of garlic
2 teaspoons of grated ginger
½ tablespoon of fish sauce
2-3 diced green onions
Corn or flour tortilla’s
Slaw
Thin chopped cabbage
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2-3 chopped green onions
Lime Dressing
2 limes juiced
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons Sriracha
2 tablespoons of olive oil

Directions:
Slice meat really really thinly against the grain. Place in plastic re-sealable bag. In a blender or food processor, blend the soy sauce, fish sauce, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, scallions and ginger. If you don't have enough marinade just double the recipe ingredients. Pour half of the sauce over the meat, ensuring all the beef is covered. Seal tightly and marinate the meat in the refrigerator for at least 1/2 hour and up to 24 hours. Place the other half of the marinade in a pan and reduce over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick. Place in a serving bowl and reserve to drizzle on the tacos. For the slaw: Place the chopped cabbage, cilantro and scallions together in a medium to large bowl and set aside. For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, soy sauce, and Sriracha. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Place the dressing in the fridge until ready to use. For the taco assembly: Heat a flat griddle to high, hotter the better. Flash cook the meat while simultaneously caramelizing the marinade. Push down meat with spatula(make like a thick pancake of meat). Cook for 2 to 3 minutes and flip. Cook an additional 3 minutes. Meat should have a crust of caramelization. Grill up your tortillas. On the grilled tortillas, pile some slaw, dressing, beef, reserved and reduced marinade and extra Sriracha to taste. Then, chow down. Enjoy!

Top Bottom