What's new

B&M Aftershave - uh-oh!

Just tried the Barrister & Mann AS, and the best description I can manage is the glue on self-sealing envelopes. Went on fine, but when dry was this sticky, tacky coating that really was like a lightweight glue. Had to wash off and apply Thayers. Just me and my skin, or others? Quite a surprise, because their soaps are excellent.

They're definitely tacky for a good 20-30 Min. If you wait it out though they will dry out. I'm not that fond of them either, but the scents are great. I hear Will is working on splashes for a couple of his scents.

Aloe based. I get the tacky thing. I've got the same issue with NB cooling gel. I use the original and bay rum regularly, though. I've just figured out how much to use. Tacky during dry down. Tacky after dry but I'm used to it now and have no prob. with it. They actually work awesome and feel great for the skin, but I 100% get the tacky thing.

Aloe and aftershaves is just a certain feel IMO. If it's aloe based, it's going to be tacky.

This happened on my first use. Use less product on a wet face IMO. Still smells great, and face feels amazing too.

Apologies to B&M - I have always used Thayers witch hazel post-shave, and apparently there is some alien reaction with B&M's splash, Thayers and my face to create a sticky mess. Used all by itself, B&M's product is great, and really does feel like a balm, and it already has witch hazel in it. Splashed some of their Seville-scented AS on this morning without any extras and it's soothing, comfortable and not tacky at all. Will order more...now to get B&M in the fragrance business!

Last edited:
Top Bottom