What's new

Genesee Beer

Anyone else drink it or know of it?

$genesee_beer_logo__85081.jpg

I went to school in Rochester, NY, right next door. Knew at least one person that had worked there before they downsized.

Their cream ale isn't that bad, but the rest are your typical AB/Coors style beer. Not my preference.

I drank my share of Genesee Cream Ale in the late 70's when I lived in PA. I would like to have a cold one of those just for a trip down memory lane!
2Q==
proxy.php

I went to school in Rochester, NY, right next door. Knew at least one person that had worked there before they downsized.

Their cream ale isn't that bad, but the rest are your typical AB/Coors style beer. Not my preference.

UR or RPI? My wife went to UR, and over our last few trips back I have had quite a few Genny Creams! You can even find cans in Chicago once in a while.

Oops, I knew that (the wife grew up near Albany so my midwest brain makes these mistakes all the time).

I use this empty can as a blade bank , after 5 years of my wife and I using de blades it is about a third full.

Attachments

• $20140725_084221.jpg
    $20140725_084221.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 187
Went to college in Binghamton. Drank plenty of Genny Cream in those days.

Now Golden Anniversary is a real Rochester gem. If they even still make it. I think I've only seen it for sale in Rochester and Binghamton.

My brother went to Union. We drank a fair amount of Genny Cream when I went to visit. Until, of course, it was bought by the Moonies (man, we were disappointed to find out that that was just a vicious rumor) I wonder if I can get any in MN.

Ahhh....Genny Cream Ale bottle with a gold top, my favorite growing up in the early 80's. Not a favorite the day after though....:w00t:

Plenty of Genny Cream in the 80's. I was even willing to pay a buck a bottle for it up on Cranberry Lake.

I drank my share of Genesee Cream Ale in the late 70's when I lived in PA. I would like to have a cold one of those just for a trip down memory lane!

We did just that recently. If you have a store called Total Wine by you they actually carry it. They carry hundreds of different beers and thousands of bottles of wine. It's like the size of a Best Buy store but contains nothing but alcohol. It's now at a premium beer price though more as a novelty limited production thing. A friend of mind picked some up a while back just for old time sake and unfortunately I remembered it being better than it really is. I think I had less than two before I started looking for something better. Still cool to try it again though.

Top Bottom