What's new

Nivea Sensitive shave balm=Old Man smell?

Yesterday was our 15th anniversary. I have been using Nivea sensitive after shave balm for about a year. I was informed last night that it was too much of an old man smell.

I asked SWMBO how many old men she has been sniffing. Then sheepishly washed my face. (Note to future self...Don't be a smart *** on your anniversary)

My question is this, Is there a mildly scented shave balm out there that you would equate with a younger person, that would be good for sensitive skin? I asked her ladyship if there was a scent she liked and she said unscented, so I guess I should also ask if there is a good unscented post shave balm for sensitive skin?

i barely notice any scent from Nivea Sensitive ASB. And i always use it after i already used a splash so the splash scent completely covers up any perceived scent from the balm

What other products are you using? Reason I ask is that I find the nivea so mildly scented I wonder if she may be smelling something else? Just a possibility.

As for balms - my Mrs. always compliments the DRH Windsor milk and Boellis lotion. She's also a big lavender fan and likes the CF lavender balm. I have certain sensitivities and have had no problems with those balms.

Final rec. you could just get an inscented balm from somewhere like QCS and find an edt she likes.

Ahh, so I am not the only one who thinks that Nivea Sensitive has a distinct, unpleasant, smell :001_smile

Good for those who are not sensitive to it, but unfortunately my nose cannot bear it.

I know that I'm definitely in the minority, so it probably is something that most people are not sensitive to.

The last thing I would say about Nivea asb is that it smells like an old man! My wife is only 26 and has NO tolerance for the old time smells like clubman, and she likes the Nivea stuff. Don't know what to tell ya.

I would suggest letting her smell some different balms that are locally available to you ( whatever they may be ). It could get costly to just hope you can find something she likes.

I'm pretty sure Nivea makes a few different balms, and I think they smell different, although I haven't tried any other than the sensitive.

A little dime store psychology... On her fifteenth anniversary, maybe it's more about her issues with aging than a dislike for that particular product. I work with a young mother who swears she'll never be caught dead in a minivan even though it would be the perfect vehicle for her at her time of life. I'm not saying that you should ignore her opinion, just be mindful of why she might suddenly be objecting to the fragrance after so long. Then again I could be totally wrong.

The Nivea Balm has been the only balm/AS that I have disliked.

To me it smelled like a hospital/hand-wipes.

Luckily there was a victim ...... er make co-woker who liked it

I shower after my shave and use RR Sensitive Green tea Croap. All smell is gone by the end of the shower. The only thing local is Nivea, Neutragena, and the old stuff like Old Spice etc. I have been pretty disappointed with the neutragena stuff, so this leave the net. Anyone like Baum.be?

I'm in the "can't smell anything unusual" category when it comes to the Nivea ASB. Some noses just have a sensitivity I guess.

I don't get any smell from the Nivea. Recently I have tired the Dove and the Neutrogena shave balms. They all work well for me. I also have the Brut after shave balm. I like it also and it does have a nice scent to carry you through the day.

I use Nivea Sensitive ASB when I do a three pass, or if my neck is getting irritated. I DO find that it smells like hand lotion... and not in a good way. But I use it for therapy, not for the smell.

I have been known to put on some Nivea Sensitive ASB along with Speick for the smell... but Speick to me smells "old man" so what do I know?

I also am not a huge fan if the Nivea scent. I don't know what it is about it they I find disagreeable either.

I do still have a (mostly full) bottle, and I've used it extensively in the past, but there are so many other great products out there that don't have "that smell"..

Top Bottom