What's new

Terre D'Hermes current EDT vs Parfum

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I just sprayed one of each on my hands, and think I slightly prefer the Parfum but they also seem so similar to my nose that it might just be in my head. I live in a hot, humid area, if that helps any. Also, I actually already own the EDT, but don't seem to get a whole lot of longevity from it...so I'm not sure if that's because of the most recent reformulation or just olfactory fatigue. Is the Parfum worth paying for? Thoughts??

I cant decide which I like better. I usually use a spray or two of each to balance. The EdP is deaper and a bit more subtle versus the EdT's sharper notes. I think I get olfactory fatigue pretty early but the wife says it is still fumin later on during the day. after an hour or so the EdT has calmed down some and I am able to smell the richness of the EdP as well as he EdT. I prefer the EdP as it is not quite as pronounced but still projects with perfect silage. I bought the 6.7oz EdP and the 4oz EdT. The larger sizes are more economical.It is expensive stuff for sure but a spray or two is all that is needed for the day.

The ones who have a longevity problem possibly check with someone that has a fresh nose to see if it is still detectible later on. I think olfactory fatigue is an element that causes some perceived longevity issues. Just a thought as I was in the same camp until I asked a few people to comment.

I have the EdP, EdT, As, As balm, instant canned shave foam, deodorant and some RR, Son of Zeus cream. I think you should get both. lol

Last edited:
I have the EdP, EdT, As, As balm, instant canned shave foam, deodorant and some RR, Son of Zeus cream. I think you should get both. lol

Ha! Good to know there are others as obsessive with this stuff as I am.

And thank you for the great comparison. May I ask, though, which would you pick if you could only wear one?

I have a slight preference to the EdT. I am in Dallas as well - in my opinion, the humidity actually helps the lasting power of my fragrances including TdH. I do like both concentrations but the EdT feels "right" to me at the moment. Ask me the same question in the cooler months and I will probably say the EdP...go figure

I tried both recently (EdT left hand, EdP right hand). It didn't take me long to decide I like the EdT better. On my skin, it seems have a better projection than the EdP, the EdP also for me is too strong compared to the EdT so it was a no-brainer really. I don't consider longevity too bit of an issue, you can always reapply during the day using a travel atomiser.

So my advice to you would be, try them both a the same time, take an hour or two, sniff from time to time, and then decide which you like the best. If it's too hard, buy them both or neither :001_smile

I prefer the Parfum. My buddy actually just bought a bottle this week.
Give it a little time and it smells the same. It is a bit intense at first though.

I prefer the parfum. I wear one spray each at the fold of my elbows and one spray on the sternum. The parfum recedes into the background kind of, when I move around I catch some mild scent from the arms and when my shirt puffs up and down it funnels the scent up through the collar and to my nose. It is just the right amount of perfume for me and others. The parfum also dries down with more floral than the EdT, The EdT to me is quite a bit crisper and defined where as the parfum is blended well with undulations instead of peaks and valleys. I have also noticed that the cedar is much more pronounced in the EdT versus the parfum. The cedar in the parfum is toned down to where it is still a major note but not as dominating as the cedar in the EdT. The weather in Seattle is coolish year round and the TdH has been great in the heat, my wife loves it if I have sweated a bit working in the yard when I wear it. I think it is year round at least for me.

I bought some of the TdH Shave Foam from dbay. It is pretty awesome if you can see your way past the fact that its instant can lather. The scent is dead on and as a shower shaver the majority of the scents of my creams and soaps are lost in the steam, fleeting at best. The TdH can is powerfully scented and I can smell the scent throughout a 3 pass shave. Nordstroms, Macys and other department stores sell the can for $50/ea. I paid $12, so..........heres the compulsion; So for about $100 I bought 8 cans. Now more compulsive hoarding behavior....I thought wow, retail would be $400......so I bought 10 more cans. So for a little over $200 I got $800 of TdH instant shave foam if I had paid retail which I wouldn't. Not even one $50 can. I am going to sell it to my wife that I saved $600 on shaving crap. It is worth the $12 price. I use cans quite a bit especially ones that I can match scents to the AS and cologne. Clubman, Brut and my wife bought me a couple of cans of L'Occitaine Cade gel. Very, very good performance for instant lather, the scent is very strong like the TdH lather and is more intense than the soap or cream. If you get the Cade be careful with the button because it is a hair trigger and will really unload. to me it is worth the $20 since it is very concentrated.

Enough about cans. I am working my way from my signature scent of Aramis to the TdH. It is strange to go out smelling like TdH having used Aramis for around 20 years. I feel almost naked, also a little sad because of the neglect of Aramis.

The EDT seems to project better for me and its not expensive so I don't mind a refresh after about 4 hours

My recollection is that I like the edt better. Just to be clear, we are talking about what Hermes calls an "eau de toilette" and what Hermes calls a "pure parfum," right? I do not see that Hermes calls any version of Terre D'Hermes, an "eau de parfum" or an "edp."

I found a decant I had labeled "Terre D'Hermes Parfum." I could not find a decant I once had of the edt, I assume because I used it up long ago.

My recollection is not great on this, but as I recollect the edt is sharper, as has been said, and evolves more. I want to say that the edt seems more complex. The parfum seems very strong and tenacious to me and more linear. To me they are both great scents. Earthy, woody, with an expert use of vetiver.

Top Bottom