What's new

My Son is following me to DE Shaving

Ive been a convert to DE Shaving for about 2 years, and Ive been evangalistic in telling all who will listen to me about the befefits, my colleagues are proving hard nuts to crack, but theyre just nuts.

My 19 year old son, once he had a need to shave more than once a fortnight and pay for mach 3 cartridges was persuaded that DE Shaving is the most economic way to shave has been granted my DB89 after I bought My Braveheart http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/...heart-stainless-steel-handle-safety-razor.php and he has enthused about shaving now being a pleasure, not a chore, has anyone else had similar pleasure of influencing sons ?

If this has been discussed before just ignore me, Im just stateing to contribute here:blushing:

That's fantastic to hear, I'm glad you're passing the torch.

I haven't converted my son yet, but he's 14 months old so maybe its still a little early to try?

Congrats on converting your 19 year old son to DE shaving! It's nice to see that he realized that there was some rationale to DE shaving.

I've tried to convince my younger brother of 48 years old to DE shaving. I strongly suspect that he'll always be an "electrical" shaver. He loves his Norelco and sees no reason to changed. I'm halfway tempted to buy him a complete "starter" kit to possibly motivate him to give it a try. My sense is that he'll always be an electric shaver! His loss.

I've tried to convince my younger brother of 48 years old to DE shaving. I strongly suspect that he'll always be an "electrical" shaver. He loves his Norelco and sees no reason to changed. I'm halfway tempted to buy him a complete "starter" kit to possibly motivate him to give it a try. My sense is that he'll always be an electric shaver! His loss.
Wait until his blades start wearing out and just offer to let him borrow your razor and soaps. Once he sees that he can get a closer shave with out the "maintenance" of electric he might be hooked.

Wait until his blades start wearing out and just offer to let him borrow your razor and soaps. Once he sees that he can get a closer shave with out the "maintenance" of electric he might be hooked.

That's an excellent suggestion! As a matter of fact in a few months it's his birthday. I think I'll buy him a "starter" kit for when his Norelco eventually stops working well. I never did like the way those flimsy screens on the electrics would break and nick me. He already knows that I already love shaving with a DE razor. Eventually his electric will start acting up. They all do eventually.

I did it the other way round and converted my dad, he now has a bigger collection that me! There is an upside to that as we still live in the same house so we borrow and swap all the time. ��

My 6'8" little boy followed me quickly after I started in March. It was a new EJ for his 20th birthday a few weeks ago that let me repossess the loaner. Now, I'm working on my dad who's been using disposables for the last three decades...

There is an upside to that as we still live in the same house so we borrow and swap all the time. ��

As a Dad I was thinking this is the one downside, as nothing is sacred with my son and things move around in cabinet, my Castle Forbes Balm is getting used just a bit quicker than I would like.

Good for you. I have my 17 year old starting with a pre-war Tech. He likes it. Has done pretty well with only one small nick in 5-6 shaves.

That's interesting to me because I followed my 27 year old son back to DE shaving last year. I had left DE shaving in the mid 70s for the promise of "No Nick Nirvana" cartridge razors. I'm so glad that he passed the torch back to me. I honestly thought they quit making DE blades.

I rmember as a little kid shaving with my dad with my own double edge Gilllette. Of course, he used a blade, but I didn't. :001_smile

Similar me too, and its the smell I remember of the shaving creme etc that brought memories and probably why I love Proraso so much, quite apart from the quality of shave

I converted to brushes and soaps about a year ago. I did stay with the carts, Dorco Pace 6+, but have been considering the jump to DE for a couple weeks. For the past year I have been trying to convince my dad and brother of the benefits of quality soap and a brush. Problem is the brother shaves once a week and dad has been shaving with carts and canned goo since the 70's and doesn't have fond memories of DE's from then.

My 13yo stepson had a few whiskers that annoyed him and he wanted to learn to shave. I went through the steps and have him using a Gillette Slim. He really has enjoyed it. I figured an adjustable would be a good starter.

Great story. I started to learn my son to de's about 4 years ago and now he is 21. He is not such an exited as I am but I don't blame him.

My 16 y/o son has used some of my DE gear on occasion. Being an adolescent he's resistant to parental guidance. I gave him some basic instructions regarding angle and (no) pressure. He gets a satisfactory shave (for him) and hasn't cut himself so far. He understands that he can use any of my gear, but if he wants an electric he's got to pay for it himself.

My son started shaving occassionally with a cheap electric about a year ago, and I've thought about introducing him to DE shaving once his beard comes comes in a little more. However, at 15 he's still very much at that stage where he likes to sleep as much as possible and prides himself on needing just 20 minutes to roll out of bed, shower, dress, and eat breakfast before heading out to catch his bus to school. I doubt he'd appreciate a DE shave enough yet to have to pretty much double that time. :001_rolle

Top Bottom