What's new

Soooo.I end up with 2 Tech's from across the pond!

I'm on a little vacation with my wife. I live in Georgia, my plan was to hit a few antique stores on the way to Orlando Florida, and a few around Orlando. First store in GA, case right at the door, F3 Super Speed, H3 Slim adjustable for $5.00 each. Not a fan of either, but for $10, I had to get them, both are in excellent condition, need cleaning.

Move on to the next store in GA, nothing there.

Decided to hit the next store in Florida. Got to the next store 20 minutes before closing, huge store, felt the pressure.

So I hit the glass cases, all of them numbered. I see things I want, write the numbers of the cases in my notes on my phone, and call the guy with the keys.

So here's what I got. A 70ish tech, Gillette logo on head with no markings on base plate, excellent condition. A gold plated old type, dirty with bent corner teeth. A TTO OC GEM Micromatic, excellent condition, need a little cleaning. A prewar Tech W/50's ball end handle, needs a good soaking. And 2 English Tech's, one with fat handle and the other with the aluminum handle.

I almost missed out on the English Tech(base plate on the left). It was in an old beat up Gillette case that was open just a hair, and all I could see was part of the fat handle peeking through. Keep in mind, I was moving fast with only 20 minutes 'til closing. All of that for $33.00.

The Gillette logo head goes with the base plate on the right.

$20140722_233256-1.jpg$20140722_233228-1.jpg$20140722_232939-1.jpg$20140722_232953-1.jpg

Last edited:
Only looked at the bottom of the base plate earlier, looks like the 70ish tech is made in England also.

So that's 3 English made Techs found in one 50,000sq antique store in Florida, USA, in three different cases.

$20140723_010152.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool. Finds like this always make me wonder about the path these razors took. Maybe some British or Canadian expat ended up retiring to Florida...

Very nice and thanks for posting. Like MacDaddy, I always wonder how razor X ended up in location Y and where all it has been and who all it has shaved in the meantime.

Since they are all different models of the Tech, and the way the antique store was set up, I believe the same person owned all 3. I was fortunate to find them in such a short time, that place was huge!

Thanks for your replies.

Top Bottom