What's new

Shaving Bowl pics

My handmade in Romania bowl
proxy.php

Stock photo

My current favorite bowl ... found at Goodwill, think it cost 50 cents. It's teak.

$Den2.jpg

Actually I've been face lathering for the last few months, but wanted to try some Barrister and Mann this morning that I'd received in a trade. The bowl works great, has a little bit of wood grain in the bottom to help with lather building.

I've been eying this Helen Chen suribachi bowl on Amazon. It's made for grinding seeds; but looks like it'd make a great lathering bowl. It's under $11 and measures 5.5" across the top.

I've used those for grinding but not lathering. The inside surface is pretty rough so I wouldn't use you best brush with it to start. Give it a try and let us know how it works for you.

I've thought about buying one of these because I'm sure it will whip up lather super fast and easy. The bad thing is that it's super heavy.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406272910.309714.jpg

I've thought about buying one of these because I'm sure it will whip up lather super fast and easy. The bad thing is that it's super heavy.

This one will keep heat quite nice i quess, but like said it must be heavy. I tried same kind of grinding mill earlier but did not like the weight at all because i like to spin bowl on hand when lathering

I use the aluminum bowls, with a lid, available from West Coast Shaving. This one contains a puck of Surrey--original formula--purchased at a small town pharmacy. Please excuse the torn up wall in the background, we are in the early stages of installing new sheet rock, and other remodeling in the master bathroom.

$DSCF0933.jpg

I have one bowl; bought it for GBP 1 (approx. USD 1.70). It is actually a tea cup :) My apologies for the low light conditions of the picture.

$a2bd83847caed71c939137df315c10f2.1406469143.jpg

Had a question. Would something like this be good to prepare lather...? These are easy to get here, but how would one heat it up so the lather stays warm. The bottom base is slightly different so the grip is better. I was thinking, even if hot water is poured inside and then poured out before the leather preparation, would not the marble just absorb all the heat and/or cool down the internal heat too quick, for the lather to remain warm.

proxy.php

Had a question. Would something like this be good to prepare lather...? These are easy to get here, but how would one heat it up so the lather stays warm. The bottom base is slightly different so the grip is better. I was thinking, even if hot water is poured inside and then poured out before the leather preparation, would not the marble just absorb all the heat and/or cool down the internal heat too quick, for the lather to remain warm.

proxy.php

i haven't used one of those but it seems like it would hold the heat. I have also heard of other guys letting the bowl sit in hot water and that maintains the lather warm

Top Bottom