What's new

My Handlebar Moustache Guide

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I've been growing my handlebar for about three years, it's still a work in progress. Before that, I wore the ever popular goatee and standard stache, growing a full beard each fall, then cutting it back each spring. Before when I grew a beard, it was kept cut short, but that last year of growing a beard, I let it grow full on Grizzly Adams. As I cut back come spring, I did so leaving my goatee long and full, similar to my avatar, but more narrow. Eventually I got tired of my "biker" goatee and people wanting to sell me used Harleys. But while I wore the long goatee, I let my mustache grow long and blended it into the goatee. When it came time to "slaughter the goat", I pretty much had an instant handlebar mustache. SWMBO really hated my Biker goatee and I initially intended to wear the handlebar as a temporary fashion, but when a female co-worker said "That's a hot mustache!" it was here to stay! A few years back I had some surgery that resulted in some minor facial paralysis, making my smile crooked, my h-bar hides that, another reason it's a keeper. I get a lot of compliments as well, so at least some people like it!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be gone a couple days, but I'll set it up when I get back! We'll have to decide whether we want to allow all moustaches in, or just handlebars.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I'm going to be gone a couple days, but I'll set it up when I get back! We'll have to decide whether we want to allow all moustaches in, or just handlebars.

IMHO, anyone can "not shave" their upper lip, but it takes real dedication to grow a proper handlebar. I say raise the bar! Handlebars only.

no pictures?

biting it? yuck.

$10987263196_4216f71b18_m.jpg

do your handlebars point up or down?
$3926728214_7bf53d397f_m.jpg
lotsa wax required to keep 'em headed this direction. mostly, I let them droop.

Last edited:
I basically have a non-waxed drooping style handlebar already. Seems I'd only have to add wax and trim it to be even on both sides to start out.

Top Bottom