What's new

Creed Aventus

Not a single dissenter on the board? Guess I'll go first. I thought Aventus was meh. Like most Creed frags, it smells good, but was too soft for me. I think that problem lies in my dislike for the amberine drydown, which is common in most of their products. Windsor works well for me, so does VIW, but Aventus and quite a few others are all truly lost on me. It's a fine product and gets a whole lot of love so I don't feel bad for the outlier here!

So this particular bottle has 2 notes, Pineapple, then smoke. At $275 for a 75ml bottle. Product return.

Bottle came from a high end Toronto shop, so no it wasn't fake.

I think this is more an issue of body chemistry than the actual product. Which is why I always sample a scent before buying a full bottle.

I think this is more an issue of body chemistry than the actual product. Which is why I always sample a scent before buying a full bottle.

I agree. At first sprays for me, it almost has a juniper smell. Like a gin and tonic :w00t: then it dries down to a masculine smell that I can't quite describe

Perhaps, which is one reason I also gave my shirt a spray,
Its more an issue of Creed, inconsistent batch's and the batch number confirmed that it is a particular weak batch, This is why people are hunting for specific batch numbers

Sample first? yep, so what guarantee do you have that you will get the same batch as the sample, none.

In my opinion, if you get a great batch, enjoy it. but for the price they ask who wants to go hunting around and asking people what batch numbers they have and if they wouldn't mind picking through their inventory.

BTW GIT is heading in the same direction.

Buy a bottle and roll the dice

I just got my first sampel of Creed Adventus - and Green Tweed. I like the Adventus much better. Not sure though if its worth the price. but once i get that itch for it

I don't care for it that much. It smells nice going on but after about 15 minutes the fruity fresh top notes die of and your left with smoky patchouli for the next 2 days. Awfully much money for patchouli and birch if you ask me.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I like the Creed scent well enough, but to me it seems that everyone and his brother has knocked the scent off - badly I should add - so every time you're in the drugstore, Walmart, Kmart, etc you're smelling really bad versions of Aventus. So I've avoided anything beyond an occasional use from a decant. I have ordered some of the Razorock The Freedburg shaving soap though, and look forward to using it.

Cheers, Steve

I like the Creed scent well enough, but to me it seems that everyone and his brother has knocked the scent off - badly I should add - so every time you're in the drugstore, Walmart, Kmart, etc you're smelling really bad versions of Aventus. So I've avoided anything beyond an occasional use from a decant. I have ordered some of the Razorock The Freedburg shaving soap though, and look forward to using it.

Cheers, Steve

Well stated, and probably my biggest concern at this point. It's no longer unique I gather

Creed Aventus is one of my most complimented scents, along with Montale Patchouli Leaves. What I find interesting is who tends to comment, depending on which of the two I'm wearing. With Aventus, it seems like I get asked about it by women in their twenties and thirties. With Patchouli Leaves, it changes to an older demographic, from late thirties to ladies in their seventies. I don't mind compliments from either group, but find who likes what interesting.

AB Silver Lomani is also supposed to be a clone of Aventus.
Google it and you'll find a large amount of info

I ordered a bottle of the AB Silver Lomani(because with a wife, two kids under 7 and living in New York, even making very low six figures a year doesn't mean I want to spend the money on something I might not like IE the actual Creed product) and actually brought it into Nordstrom to compare with the real one. They smell similar, but I'm also a novice in scents so I"m not the best judge. I truthfully wanted it because of the Fine Platinum AS, which even my Wife likes.

Anyway, for the price I'd order it. It's pretty good.

I ordered a bottle of the AB Silver Lomani(because with a wife, two kids under 7 and living in New York, even making very low six figures a year doesn't mean I want to spend the money on something I might not like IE the actual Creed product) and actually brought it into Nordstrom to compare with the real one. They smell similar, but I'm also a novice in scents so I"m not the best judge. I truthfully wanted it because of the Fine Platinum AS, which even my Wife likes.

Anyway, for the price I'd order it. It's pretty good.

I have both. He smell is similar but the longevity and steepness if the Aventus is much better. AB Silver has worn off in 2 hours, while Aventus is at least 8 for me.

Just ordered a sample from perfumed court. I'll report my findings here. Thread has grown on me.

As long as it's not skunked, you will love it. Best scent I own by far

Not bad at all! I'm waiting for it to grow on me. It's needing more sprays than I anticipated

Update: 5 sprays and I've been complimented twice and asked what I'm wearing. This is in the span of three hours.

One compliment went like this: "it's really nice, like, it's just right."

SOLD.

Last edited:
Top Bottom