What's new

Help identifying these brushes, is it a Kent?

Hello
I just won these brushes on the 'bay as Im wanting to try my hand at restoration. Ithe listing says one of them is a Kent but doesnt say which one or what model. This is the picture from the listing as I havnt received them yet, can anyone comfirm if it is a Kent?
cheers for your help

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 158
Good point about the decals. You could ask kent (see their web page) but they do a printed decal now not a sticker type any more. Also I was going to bid on those brush aswell. New Jeep came along instead. Great find / buy. Be sure to post pics on the Order of Kent in the brother hood section.

Good point about the decals. You could ask kent (see their web page) but they do a printed decal now not a sticker type any more. Also I was going to bid on those brush aswell. New Jeep came along instead. Great find / buy. Be sure to post pics on the Order of Kent in the brother hood section.

I will drop Kent an email, worth a shot and hopefully I will get the answer I want. Im glad your Jeep came along too ha, I wasn't expecting to win them at all so I am really happy that it came through. Once it arrives I will post a pic the the Order of Kent thread.

The brushes arrived today, the Kent has the model stamped into it which says its a V6. I dont seem to be able to find any info on this model though. I did email Kent asking about decals and also asked if they keep old specs of brushes amd to whether they would know the age. The knot seems okay tbh but Im still going to reknot it due to its age.
$image.jpg

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 54
Heres a slightly better pic of the Vulfix too. The knot is looking a bit bear but okay.
$image.jpg

A bit of an update if anyones interested in the Kent.
I emailed kent about the brush to see if they had any specs about knot size, hair grade and dates of production.
They replied which I was extremely grateful for the response. They told me the only info they had was they the production of the brush ended in '92 but didnt have a start date and that it was filled with a silvertip knot. Again, I was grateful for receiving that info.
So now i have to replace the knot with silvertip now that I know.
Happy days!

Top Bottom