What's new

Best shaving soap in the market

The soap that you have tried for yourself, and found that it works well for you is the "best".

Everyone is different in their like of soaps.

Out of all the soaps I have used Martin De Candre sticks out the most. It scent is wonderful, it provides great protection and is slick, is super easy to lather, and leaves my skin nice and moisturized after. I wish I could use it exclusively!

What's best is up to you and my favorite might not be yours. When you ask the favorite soap type questions you usually get a bunch of answers representing many of the lesser priced more popular soaps. This is normal because most people haven't tried very many soaps.

I've tried a couple hundred soaps so I consider myself very knowledgeable when it comes to soaps, and here are what I consider the very best I've tried. As to the ranking of these it depends on what day it is and what I've tried last as to may favorite. To me price is completely irrelevant as I sometime prefer a specific $8 soap to a $70 soap. There are high quality offerings in any price range if you look hard enough.

Martin de Candre ($70) - this one is expensive but a jar lasts a long time. It's excellent stuff.
RazoRock XXX tallow - ($10) - this is a copy of the $70 Acqua de Parma soap and I think it's actually better. Excellent.
RazoRock P.160 - ($8) - Really great Almond Cherry scent, performance is excellent.
Le Pere Lucien - ($40) - a really nice french soap with a really bold scent. This one is excellent.
Strop Shoppe SE w/tallow soaps - Excellent performer. I love the Baker Street and Barbershop scents.
Petal Pusher Fancies - I have the coconut soap and it's quickly making a place for itself among my top tier soaps.

I could shave with any of these soaps every day for the rest of my life and be completely happy. They are all that good. You won't go wrong with any of them.

thanks david. Your feedback is appreciated.
I am going to order two French soaps . I will spend $100 and try both out.
if you have to pick one out two Martin de contra and LE Pete Lucian which one will be your pick? I don't like soaps get dry on skin.

I like Tabac, Cella, Stirling, and Razorock stuff.

I also like the Fat.

I like Proraso.

I would sure hate to think I could only use one.

For me, "the best" would mean the one soap I'd want if I could have only one for all shaves to come. And that would be Martin de Candre - it is peerless.

I would have to agree on the Martin de Candre being peerless. I have been lucky in having my girl friend go to Paris to visit a childhood friend and pick me up two jars, my sister has gone to Paris twice on vacation and has picked me up jars as Christmas presents so I have been taken care of.

Williams puck.

$come-at-me-bro8.jpg

There is no such thing as best soap as many own quite a few and could not pick out one to use forever. I tried last year and that lasted about a month.

"Best" probably depends on how you use it, the brush you like to use, your water, etc.

I've only had one soap that I considered unusable (an Etsy ill-considered purchase). Everything else I could shave with fine and most were very good if you took the time to adjust to them. Some were ruled out for smell (hello Arko), some for expense, some for effort. For me I think I've settled on Tiki as my main soap. It just works better for the way I lather, but I still have plenty of others and liked plenty that I've used (Haslinger, MWF, RR, Catie's Bubbles, DRH, LASS, Stirling, and so on).

I don't think it's been mentioned yet:

Tabac

It literally changed my life... Not really, but I would recommend any serious wet shaver to try it once.

Last edited:
Top Bottom