What's new

Acquisitions for July, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arriving today was a tin of Huntlee Super Smooth cream in South Sea Spray scent, a puck of Taconic Bay Rum shave soap and a new tube of Lavanda cream.

I found this cabinet in the corner of an antique shop today. I figured it would make a good storage unit for shaving goodies.

$Cabinet1.jpg$Cabinet2.jpg

Thanks, Edgar! Talking with a friend of mine who is a book collector, his best guess is that it was originally a bookcase, possibly for medical journals.

Here it is loaded up:

$Cabinet3.jpg

The only downside is it's not deep enough for my straights to fit into the slots under the glass shelves.

Two E4 fat boys, fat tech, Brit tech, carborundum 198, and a German straight with a chipped blade, that I bought just for the scales.

Also picked up a Wade & Butcher SR with broken scales, but seem to have lost it somewhere in the car. :lol:

Went to the antique fair. Got me a silver tech, SS with case, slim, brush. Not a bad two days but unfortunately had to turn away a few as the asking price was a bit much. Still greatful for what I scored.

Attachments

• $IMG_20140713_093240_799.jpg
    $IMG_20140713_093240_799.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:
Got a few new ones this week. A Schick I2 Hydro-Magic Injector and a Valet VC1.
$IMG_3118.jpg
Also picked up this one. Still researching it but from I can tell so far it was made in 1937, the Automatic Vibro Shaver.
$IMG_3121.jpg

Wow, you folks scored some sweet stuff! Puts my paltry purchase to shame...

...still, just an hour ago, I received delivery by first class mail, my first 100 blade purchase. At $12/100 it works out to .03/shave. :thumbup1:

$photo.JPG

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Just got my 29th wedding anniversary gift in today's mail from IB. SWMBO says I could not open it until the 27th. Yeah, right.$IMG_0287.jpg$IMG_0288.jpg

I recently bought a vintage black handle Gillette Super Speed 1967 (M1). I found it on ebay and was able to get it for just less than $15 shipped to Canada from the US.

Here are a couple pics I took before and after cleaning.

$open_dirty.jpg$side_dirty.jpg$open_clean.jpg$side_clean.jpg

It really seems to be in pretty good shape. I'll do more cleaning and polishing tonight. Any recommendations for the fading on the handle? I read somewhere about using auto paint. Is there a better/easier option?

Thanks,
imcndn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom