What's new

Acquisitions for July, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pecksniff Professional Lemon, Cedar and Amber Aftershave Balm. Picked it up at Winners over lunch for $5.99, seems like a pretty good deal. They had the "Classic" too, but it didn't appeal to me.

$IMG_20140715_130708.jpg

Any body else think this smells like a nicer version of The Body Shop White Musk for men?

Last edited:
Another trip to Edmonton and a Gem lather catcher, a Gem Micromatic. I picked up a Vie-Long Cachurro Horse hair brush and a tub of Crown Shaving shave cream from the Shaving Kit, a small B&M in WEM.

$20140715_104609.jpg$20140715_211229.jpg

Last edited:
I picked up a Slim Adjustable L2 - 32.30€ for the razor and 3.80€ delivery (at current exhange rates - it is $44 and $5)

Might be a little over the odd, but here in the EU they aren't so common, so it is always a trade-off between item cost and delivery costs............

$001.jpg$002.jpg$003.jpg

Just got these in today's mail. Now I have to decide which blades to try first in the Lather Catcher and the MMOC.
$20140717_135342.jpg

Picked this up on the bay. I don't know much about it but I love the color.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 266
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 264
Had a good day today. I'm on travel and did some shopping in Norfolk, VA.

Got a 30s NEW LC, needs some love due to a lot of plating loss. It also came complete with a blade installed, not a bonus in my book. I've been wanting to try a NEW for a while, since I love my Tech. This is my first open comb razor.

Also got an Ontario Cutlery Co., Geneva, NY straight. This is my first straight, excluding my Feather AC SS. The straight came with a coffin from a Wade and Butcher Sheffield. No, they didn't have that razor, I looked. I got this straight because I know I want to try my hand at restoring, and I want to get a few inexpensive vintage straights to restore. I don't see any hone wear and the blade looks straight to my untrained eye. I have done some woodworking, so I'm looking forward to making some scales for this one. I know I will leave the honing to the professionals.

I got both razors for $25, not a bad day. Sorry for the camera phone pics.

$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 227
Found this at a local antique fair yesterday. A Gillette Canada utility blade. A perfect little pocket knife and it uses DE blades.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Day 2 of an estate sale, everything 50% off marked price

$Superspeed1_zpsa89888e3.jpg

After a barbacide bath and a little scrubbing bubbles, Y3 Superspeed for $1.50

$superspeed2_zps96cd25f9.jpg

Quite a lot. I've been going a little crazy lately.

Krampert's Finest Bay Rum: Acadian Spice;
Krampert's Finest Frostbite;
The Strop Shoppe Alpine Frost;
The Strop Shoppe London Morning;
Fine Platinum AS;
Synergy Cavendish;
Synergy Bay Rum;
Synergy Coconut Bay;
Synergy/RazoRock The Beach;
Tiki Bar Land Locked;
Tiki Bar Set Sail;
RazoRock Evil Eye Wax;
Petal Pusher Fancies Amber;
Petal Pusher Fancies Briar;
Petal Pusher Fancies Organic Deodorants: Cavendish, Steam River Rum, Neroli, The Beach;
HTGAM Bay Rum Cologne/AS;
Haslinger Shaving Soap with Sheep's Milk and Lanolin;
and RazoRock XX splash.

That's just for the month of July. I won't get into June but June was a lot of RazoRock products, a lot of RR soaps and splashes.

Been branching out in July.

$IMG_3129.jpg
Picked these up this week. A 1955 A2 Blue Tip SS (not in great shape but works and shaves perfectly), a "MADE IN GERMANY" travel razor with beat up case and Solingen Record blades, and a tuck of Pontiac blades.

HTGAM "Lime"
Captain's Choice "Lime"
Feather Blades

and a Ralf Aust, from the BIG CAHUNA himself, Larry Abrams, from SRDs!

I am one happy shaver!

Attachments

• $IMG_8055.jpg
    $IMG_8055.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 278
  • $IMG_8170.jpg
    $IMG_8170.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 278
  • $IMG_8173.jpg
    $IMG_8173.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 277
  • $IMG_8180.jpg