What's new

Catie's Bubbles

^ Chris has expressed his frustration to me saying that these sample containers, ordered in July are still not shipped to him. There is no definite date yet to my knowledge.

Received LPV and the Rose soap last week and got to try both. Love both scents and probably the easiest and most exploding lather out of all the soaps I own, which include Razorock, Strop Shoppe, Mikes, Panna Crema, Striling and Al's cream. Just ridiculous how quickly I had more than enough soap ready to shave with. The Cushion and glide were great and fit right in the soaps mentioned above. I must say Chris has a excellent line of soaps and his customer service is just great. He takes the time to thank you for the order when he alerts you it shipped, which in a day of automated mails is just great. Chris also is very willing to answer your questions or discuss the soap. I now have so many great soaps to use and only one face to use them on and worse yet I eagerly await each one coming out with something new. I guess I am the prototypical guy with SAD and Catie's Bubbles has just made it worse.

Received LPV and the Rose soap last week and got to try both. Love both scents and probably the easiest and most exploding lather out of all the soaps I own, which include Razorock, Strop Shoppe, Mikes, Panna Crema, Striling and Al's cream. Just ridiculous how quickly I had more than enough soap ready to shave with. The Cushion and glide were great and fit right in the soaps mentioned above. I must say Chris has a excellent line of soaps and his customer service is just great. He takes the time to thank you for the order when he alerts you it shipped, which in a day of automated mails is just great. Chris also is very willing to answer your questions or discuss the soap. I now have so many great soaps to use and only one face to use them on and worse yet I eagerly await each one coming out with something new. I guess I am the prototypical guy with SAD and Catie's Bubbles has just made it worse.
Awesome! Chris is a great guy too. I've talked with him a couple of times on Facebook. How is the scent of the Rose? Is it all rose like a traditional rose scent?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
LPV and a few samples on the road to casa Marco. Really excited to try these new (to me) Artisan soaps!

Thank you kindly, Jason. :001_smile

I don't have any other true Rose soaps to compare it with (yet), closest I have is Al's Boheme cream. Having said that Catie's Bubbles is what I would expect a rose soap to smell like. It is an unadulterated rose scent that proudly stands alone and is very accurate to the real thing. The wife seemed to appreciate it so that is always a big plus.

I don't have any other true Rose soaps to compare it with (yet), closest I have is Al's Boheme cream. Having said that Catie's Bubbles is what I would expect a rose soap to smell like. It is an unadulterated rose scent that proudly stands alone and is very accurate to the real thing. The wife seemed to appreciate it so that is always a big plus.
I'm sure it's awesome. All of the soaps I have from Chris are great.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Eh, I'm glad I could help Marco out. He's pretty much the reason I tried Razorock soaps in the first place.

And you Jason are the main reason why I tried Maggard's first and Catie's Bubbles now. A true eye opener on how great these US Artisan soaps are.

Just a couple of questions, please:

1. Do any of you know if Catie's Bubbles Rose soap is scented with Rose Essential Oils or true Rose extracts?

2. It's my understanding that the owner of Catie's is a man (Chris?), but isn't Catie a name for a woman? Maybe his wife? Just a curiousity. Thanks.

The LPV is a fascinating scent, to say the least; thanks for that link, drdave2387. I'm not an earthy, spicy scent preference kind of guy, but I like this one. It's very unique - a definite keeper. And, of course, the performance is top notch in every aspect.

Im having trouble finding a decent matching aftershave for LPV, what are you guys using?
I use Pinaud Musk, it seems to pair very well with it for me, but still trying some others to see whats best. So far musk is winning but still have quire a few to try, I would love to try others also that I dont have and love to hear what others are using.

Im having trouble finding a decent matching aftershave for LPV, what are you guys using?

I used Shulton Old Spice the last few times and I think it works well. With the exception of RazoRock soaps and splashes, I always try to use complementary scents, not exact matches.

The Vanilla Clubman goes well with LPV! I think maybe better than the musk. It adds that hint of vanilla it has to the scent of the lpv. Honestly I smell the lpv more than I do the club. Did a test lather the other day before using lpv and noticed my hand smelled lik it almost all day, like an EDT. Going on a hunt tomorrow on more AS I dont have to try with it.

Top Bottom