What's new

Catie's Bubbles

I got Knee High to a Grape and Boucles Fruites today. Wonderful lather and get scents. The grape is my favorite of the two. Smells like Grape soda.

The LPV is fantastic! It smells just like Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. The performance is better than the recent batch of RR soaps and takes the top spot of my tried artisans. Bought 4 more today! Seriously can't wait

The LPV is fantastic! It smells just like Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille. The performance is better than the recent batch of RR soaps and takes the top spot of my tried artisans. Bought 4 more today! Seriously can't wait

Interesting. It knocks out Tiki too, or have you tried Tiki?

Edit - I just went to Catiesbubbles webpage and it crashed Firefox, twice.
Could someone else try it as well?

Last edited:
Interesting. It knocks out Tiki too, or have you tried Tiki?

Edit - I just went to Catiesbubbles webpage and it crashed Firefox, twice.
Could someone else try it as well?

Bought two two tiki, scent was too light., lather was good but not as good. 10-15 swirls had a solid two pass with some to spare.

Plus his 8oz filled for $20 is one of the best deals for a French style soap I've ever seen

Bought two two tiki, scent was too light., lather was good but not as good. 10-15 swirls had a solid two pass with some to spare.

Plus his 8oz filled for $20 is one of the best deals for a French style soap I've ever seen

We're getting alot of inconsistent reports on the Tiki soaps for scent.
Some say it's strong, others very weak. My Tiki soaps were weak as well - 3 different scents. I'd say there's definitely batch variations going on.
You're right - 8oz filled is a hefty amount of soap. I'll give it a go sometime - or should say, add to the list - I'm soaped out.

Is that really what it smells like? I am officially sold.

Just received my LPV today. I ordered it in Monday and it arrived today all the way in Canada. They shipped it almost the moment I ordered it. Haven't lathered it yet but it smells amazing.

I have the LPV and Menta Terrosa. I've only used the MT so far, and my only complaint is that it's one of those soaps where you don't shave without lather. However, I've spoken to the manufacturer and he's recently revamped the soap base, which will probably address this issue. The MT scent is a very nice combination of peppermint, tea tree and patchouli; the latter two taking the edge off the mint scent. Personally, I like the scent of mint, but even so it can be a little overpowering. The LPV is also a great scent, very masculine.

I think part of the problem with Chris' scents is that all the French style soap names are all in french, which obscures the identification of the scent.

LPV = Le Piment de la Vie (Spice of Life)

Last edited:
Used LPV for the first time today. Lathered up easily and was very slick and protective. Scent seems to last for a while without being overpowering. The post-shave feel is nice. Reminds me of MdC in that its not drying but its definitely not as moisturizing as say Tiki or Mike's. I would definitely recommend it.

Quatre Cent Vignt translates to "4:20" and smells like... flowering cannabis. This is not hemp, not resinous, not a fake patchouli head shop scent, its a light, very fresh herbal scent that has undertones of some very kind bud.

I'm guessing that must be a weekend soap. Not sure I would want to stroll into work after using it!

I got a tub of the Santal. I've been a bit disappointed in two ways: First, the sandalwood scent is so faint, this soap could easily be called "unscented". Second: It wasn't very slick for me; did not have good glide at all.

I'm hoping this Santal is not a true representation of her line, because it does lather well, and the other scents sound interesting.

It's a he. The company is named for his daughter. Its odd that the lather wasn't slick. I would try varying the amount of water you add

It's a he. The company is named for his daughter. Its odd that the lather wasn't slick. I would try varying the amount of water you add

Ah so, thanks for the correction. And, yes, I plan on experimenting with it more - I'm sure that it will be slicker the next time.

Latest purchase and last for a long time:

proxy.php

Top Bottom