What's new

Ebay find, Clauss Straight.help

So i got an ebay Clauss ($41.00) It is a beautiful blade... however, and...the blade hits the scales when i close it...and when i hold the razor upside down it falls out of the scales. The blade also seems wavy, as in ...if i put the sharp edge against a flat surface it is uneven and wavy...are these common fixable issues?

Thanks for the help
Z

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
You can tap on the pivot with a spoon to tighten it. If you flex the scales a bit as you tap you can massage them to not hit the blade. A wavy blade...not so good. Post some pics!

$uploadfromtaptalk1404806949699.jpg$uploadfromtaptalk1404807019255.jpg

I recently also had the problem with a blade touching the side of the scales. I was able to rectify this by pasting a bit of epoxy resin at the height of the tang on the inside of the scales, on the side of the scales where the blade touches. The epoxy resin now lifts the blade away from the scales. If you go this way, add enough hardener: the first time the epoxy remained sticky because I didn't add
enough.

edit: I tried warming and reshaping scales as well, but I haven't had good results from this method

As far as the warping of the blade is concerned, it happens regularly. As has been stated before, this is not good because it will make honing the razor a bit more difficult. Personally I solve this by using tape and a small hone.

Last edited:
Top Bottom