What's new

Shaving with my "new-to-me" D1 Toggle

Hi, everyone..., Mike here. So last week my Dad says, " I have an old gold razor somewhere in the basement; I'll give it to you..." It was a gold D1 Toggle! lucky me!

I have had 3 shaves with the D1 Toggle now... Wednesday morning tried it at 3 and then dropped to 2 on the mustache area... Did OK, but not quite close enough. Upped it to 4 on Thursday, and got a BBS above the jawline and a DFS below... So much so that 10 hours later I almost still felt freshly shaved! A good birthday shave if I say so myself. Did chew up the area just above the left corner of my upper lip a bit though...that is still a bit tender after I totally chewed it up with my 62 Slim 3 weeks ago, and re-aggravated it with the DE89 last week.

I shaved today using 4 WTG and XTG, then 6 ATG... Simply amazing!!!! Closest shave I have ever had... Except for the mustache area... Still working on that... Used 4 then 3 then 2 there. Did cut myself a bit above the left upper lip, below my center lower lip, and on my lower neck...

lovin in the toggle!

Mike

Nice! And how great that it was your dads, wish my dad saved his, he thinks I went back to the dark ages haha!

Hi Mike, Congrats on the shave and the heirloom. My dad gave me his 1958 Toggle, Red tip, and a Tech recently along with an Old Spice mug and a Ever Ready brush. I am loving shaving with them and have my 17 YO son on the Tech to boot.

proxy.php

Top Bottom