What's new

Soap Reviews -A Series

Well today was a great day in my house hold lol. I received two packages, one being from Stirling soaps and the other being from Barrister & Mann.

For right now I will post a pic, but as the time goes on I will use this thread to post my reviews of the soaps and how I rate the scents.

I will post later with all the scents I got from Stirling. I purchased the sampler from B&M.

Rod was also nice enough to throw in a couple extra free samplers. (Glastonbury & Tuscany)

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404571853.484681.jpg

Bath soaps:

Lemon chill
Pineapple Cilantro
Sharp dressed man
Honey oatmeal shea butter
Margaritas in the artic

Lip balms:

Lavender vanilla
Pineapple orange
Peach (I'm stationed in Georgia, had to get it lol)

Aftershave splash:

Lemon Chill

Shave soap samplers:

Glastonbury (Free sampler Rod tossed in)
Tuscany (Free sampler Rod tossed in)
Barbershop
Bay rum
Black cherry
Bonaparte
Electric sheep
Gin & Tonic (my favorite sniff so far)
Glacial, lemon chill
Lemony orange
Ozark mountain
Scots pine sheep
Sharp dressed man
Stirling club man

I will post my reviews of each as the days go on. Bare with me it will take a while lol.. Sorry ahead of the time for the crappy iPhone pictures!

The lip balms are amazing I can already vouch for that. He has my business for those already! Rod is a great guy and has great customer service!

Last edited:
That's a lot of good shaves to look forward to :thumbup1:
I was never that brave & ordered my soaps 1-2 at a time. My wife would freak if she saw 15+ roll in on the same day.
Enjoy!

That's a lot of good shaves to look forward to :thumbup1:
I was never that brave & ordered my soaps 1-2 at a time. My wife would freak if she saw 15+ roll in on the same day.
Enjoy!

Only reason why mine didn't is because I got her some of those lip balms and the bath soaps. That by the way are massive and should last forever!

She however has been making fun of me like crazy and telling me she is going to buy me a shed to put my shaving stuff in lol

Only reason why mine didn't is because I got her some of those lip balms and the bath soaps. That by the way are massive and should last forever!

She however has been making fun of me like crazy and telling me she is going to buy me a shed to put my shaving stuff in lol
Mine would skin me alive... My den takes up enough room as it is. I'll be checking back to see your reviews! Good luck!

Mine would skin me alive... My den takes up enough room as it is. I'll be checking back to see your reviews! Good luck!

Lol her facial expression when I opened the box was leaning towards me thinking that was about to happen. She loves the lip balm and soaps though so I got lucky!

I'll go ahead and review the lip balms for y'all.. I can't say enough about them so keep that in mind..

1) pineapple orange
2) peach (stationed in Georgia so I had to give it a try lol)
3) lavender vanilla

I would rank the scents in that order. They smell exactly to what the scents are called. Except for lavender vanilla. In my opinion the lavender vanilla smells sort of like sunscreen in a way, but that is just my opinion. I love all 3, but pineapple orange is my favorite! I would also recommend the tub over the stick.

I'll be posting some lather shots of barber shop and B&M seville later. Sorry ahead of time for the 8.0 mp iPhone pictures lol

So ready for some test lathers!

Alright so here is my initial impressions / lather review..

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404586362.568438.jpg
the first picture is barbershop stirling. To me I couldn't get this soap to lather up at all. No matter how much water or the least amount of water I put into the bowl. I loaded it up for 30-60 seconds and the brush was full of soap. It was just airy foamy lather. It never seemed to load well and i tried it 2-3 times and took the best picture I could.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404586491.068189.jpg
the second picture is B&M's seville. Lathered like a dream! No joke! Smell was on point and it was the creamy lather you look for.

As for scent... To me my initial impressions on the two I like the scent of the stirling barbershop more. It is stronger and just smells overall better to me. I may change my mind later after I shave with the two, but that's the way I am leaning towards now. If you have any questions just ask please!

Quality of soap/shaving properties. I'd say it's pretty much even to me. Stirling seems to be slicker though.

Last edited:
Oh I almost forgot to add that I lathered up stirling with my boar and did a simulated face lather and it was amazing. Still not as good as B&M's lather, but it wasn't far behind. Idk why my silvertip and that bowl lather looked like crap, but it was a nice simulated face lather and was slick as snot

Last edited:
Back again. Seeing how I only have four tins to use for soaps that's about where I'm stuck at so these reviews will take some time. So I went to press lemon chill and solstice into the other two tins.

Lemon chill:

Pro: Smells Great

Cons: The menthol power is ridiculous. I am a wuss when it comes to too much menthol though so keep that in mind. It was to the point where it was almost too bearable on my nose and it was burning.

Another note on stirling I did a bowl lather with this soap again and it was still airy and foamy. However, when I lathered it up onto my face it whipped up nicely.

Solstice:

Pros: Smell was amazing and lathered up like a champ. Seriously B&M has just jumped permanently into my den and I have no idea what my life has been doing without Barrister and Mann soaps.

Cons: Really weak scent. I really had to sniff hard to get the full aroma of it, but when I did it is one of my favorite smelling soaps.

I cannot wait to shave with these soaps. I will probably get a shave in tomorrow morning if I wake up early enough. I will probably give lemon chill another go, because it was to the point where it was burning my face. Bad thing is, I bought the aftershave to match it because I LOVE lemon scent things. I really hope this isn't the case tomorrow, because if it is I will probably be tossing that puck away.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, and great reviews! Keep them coming!

I'll get them up as fast as possible! Thanks for checking it out! I know there really isnt many reviews out there that I've seen of the two products so I thought I would start my own.

If the foam is light and airy that is usually a sign it needs more water. Stirling is a thirsty soap. Keep trying, you'll get it there!

If the foam is light and airy that is usually a sign it needs more water. Stirling is a thirsty soap. Keep trying, you'll get it there!

Thanks for the advice! B&M was so easy and lathered like an absolute dream, but I will try adding some more water for stirling.

I really enjoy the scent of Ozark mtn. I'm stuck on the new RR tallow soaps right now and before that it was mikes. I haven't lathered the Ozark mtn up but I sniff it all the time

I really enjoy the scent of Ozark mtn. I'm stuck on the new RR tallow soaps right now and before that it was mikes. I haven't lathered the Ozark mtn up but I sniff it all the time

I love ozark mountain! For the mere fact that I grew up around that area and went camping in the ozarks all the time! So it kind of touches home to me. I'll probably order a puck and save it for fall and winter.. I'll give the sample a go soon!

Top Bottom