What's new

Show us your PIF winnings

I have won two PIF's. One was a tube of Bigelow shaving cream and the other was a puck of soap. The cream is almost gone and the puck is gone as in used up. As a result, I have no pics.
cottontop

I was selected a PIF winner on B&B when I first joined. The guy disappeared after I sent my shipping info, never to return.
I recovered fine and have since tried the razor I was supposed to receive; I hope he's doing ok...

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Not a PIF winning, but a thank you from 2 Active Duty PIF winners. JrReyes sent me 2 new design Unit Coins and Bvilchez sent me 2 Zippos.
The coins are absolutely awesome; my friend Bill, who is a retired Command Chief Master Sergeant and has a collection of over 500 unit coins was very impressed.
The Zippos are a U.S. Marine Corps and a pinup, neither of which I have in my own collection of about 130
I appreciate this gesture very much. They will have an honored place in my collection.

Thank You JrReyes and bvilchez

$IMG_20140722_123045_613.jpg

After a little bit of a mix-up, and some delays due to vacations and work, I received my portion of the contributer PIF from captp today! I've never used an Injector before and and stoked to give it a try tomorrow. I was also pretty impressed to find teh old school injector blades included in the offering. Way cool!
$photo-10.jpg
Thanks captp!

This is a way overdue addition to this thread. This is by far the nicest PIF I've ever won and is the most generous I've ever seen here on this forum. It was part of the same PIF that Jason above won. There was one more winner as well, as captp gave away three really nice razors and brushes in a PIF for those who became contributors here. Becoming a contributor here was well worth the donation even without the great PIF and I'd encourage others to contribute as well.

My name was chosen first so I received first choice and chose the following brush and razor along with a $50 West Coast Shaving gift cert. The Fatboy razor is excellent and seeing a lot of use from me. The Simpson H4 brush is amazing as well as it's really soft with just the right amount of backbone and no scritch at all. Just how I like a brush.

The fact that these items were only 1/3 of a PIF is amazing to me as they would be some of the nicest items in any shave den. I'm really glad that they're in mine. I'm loving using the razor and the brush and have yet to spend the gift cert or I'd include a pic of those items as well.

$008.jpg

Thank you Georg I'm really enjoying the brush and razor. Your generosity is truly appreciated.

I was PIFed a sample pack of GSB/Astra/Personna Blue blades from SteveWY. Thank you very much Steve! They really helped me figure out that my technique is not advanced enough to need better blades yet. In any case I have PIFed a couple of them with a Gillette Tech to an Uncle that wanted to get back into wet shaving, and am currently working through the SE shavers I have.

I won a PIF here once... never received anything and never heard from the person who made the offer. :001_huh:

I cried myself to sleep for several nights and still get shakes/tremors whenever I think about it.:tongue_sm

Congratulations to all of you who have received those awesome donations. I know it's nice to get goodies in the mail but I assure you, the feeling the donors got from offering the PIFs in the first place are just as great. It's a nice feeling to be able to offer things to others and see or hear about their smiles afterwards. I wish I were able to do it more often.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a PIF?

PIF is a "Pay it Forward". You'll see threads here where people just give stuff away to help each other out. It may be something large or something small like someone offering up some blades for you to try because you might have asked about them in a thread. I've seen generosity on this site that I haven't seen anywhere else. The intention is that you do the same if and when you have the means or opportunity to do so.

We all try to help each other out here.

PIF is a "Pay it Forward". You'll see threads here where people just give stuff away to help each other out. It may be something large or something small like someone offering up some blades for you to try because you might have asked about them in a thread. I've seen generosity on this site that I haven't seen anywhere else. The intention is that you do the same if and when you have the means or opportunity to do so.

We all try to help each other out here.

Oh cool! Awesome idea!

Top Bottom